Friday, March 11, 2011

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
Talking Heads

1. Psycho Killer “I can’t seem to face up to the facts, I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax. I can’t sleep cuz my bed’s on fire. Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire…”
What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently?
Worrying about Beast. He is so overwhelmed with work and life stuff. And worrying about my work stuff.
2. Life During Wartime “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco…this ain’t no foolin around. No time for dancing or lovey dovey. I ain’t got time for that now…”
Where was the last nightclub or disco you went to?
Uhm. Uh ... uhm ... yeah ... thinking.... Let me get back to you on that, 'k?
3. Take Me To The River “Take me to the river. Dip me in the ocean. Take me to the river washing me down…”
When was the last time you took a dip in the water?
I took a bath last night. Swear to GOD, I did!
4. Found A Job “Their show gets high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might be a spin off, but they’re not sure ‘bout that”
What is your favorite TV spin off show of all time?
Laverne & Shirley.
5. Once In A Lifetime “And you may ask yourself How do I work this? And you may ask yourself Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife!”
Are you happy with your choices of car, house and spouse/no spouse?
Meh, YES!, and yes. I like my baby truck, but it's getting old and crotchety.
6. This Must Be The Place “Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view. I’m just an animal looking for a home, share the same space for a minute or two…”
Who has a face with a view?
Seems to be the king of this would be Donald Trump.
7. Girlfriend Is Better “I got a girlfriend that’s better than this, and you don’t remember at all. As we get older and stop making sense, You won’t find her waiting long…”
What is the shortest date or relationship you have ever had?
One night. ...moving on...lol
8. Swamp “Everyone wants to explode. And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all. Don’t have a window to slip out of . Lights on, nobody home”
Where was the last homeless person you saw and what was he/she doing?
Saw lots of people on TV tonight in Japan who probably have no homes left. They were waving at the helicopter with the camera, hoping for rescue.
9. Road To Nowhere “We’re on the road to paradise. Here we go. We’re on a road to nowhere, come on inside. Takin that ride to nowhere, we’ll take that ride”
When was the last time you took a day trip or a road trip?
Not since winter started. Maybe we'll head to The Packer Shrine this spring at some point.
10. And She Was "The word was movin and she was right there with it and she was”
Are you keeping up with the world? What piece of modern technology do you still need to own/use?
Probably the only thing I might be interested in is a smart phone, with internet access.
11. Wild Wild Life Sleepin on the interstate oh oh oh…getting wild wild life. Checkin in and checkin out oh oh oh, I got a wild wild life”
When was the last time you stayed at a motel/hotel and what town were you in?
I was in Des Moines last July. Sad, eh?
12. Nothing But Flowers “Once there were parking lots, now it’s a peaceful oasis, you got it you got it. Once it was a pizza Hut, now it’s all covered with daisies. I miss the honky tonks, Dairy Queens and 7-11 s…”
What would you miss if nature grew back over malls and concrete?
I'd miss being able to find my car in the parking lot.
13. Building On Fire “When my love stands next to your love, I can’t define love, when it’s not love…”
Define love.
I'll go with the old standby: Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth. Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.