Friday, January 28, 2011

RevGals Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Fave Verses
List your five favorite passages/verses from the Bible and tell us something about why you love them.
  1. Well, of course, based on my email, you have to know Psalm 23 is going to show up. This part is my favorite: Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (v.5)
  2. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed. (part of 1 Corinthians 15:51) It was on the nursery door in my childhood church.
  3. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
  4. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?” (Genesis 18:12) Because who wouldn't laugh?
  5. There are many rooms in my Father's house. If this were not true, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

3 sweet-talkers :

Jan said...

I liked reading your choices. It surprises me (now) that you are the first to choose the 23rd Psalm. . . .it seems like it should have been on all our lists!

Wendy said...

I love these choices, especially #4. Awesome!

Unknown said...

John 14 is beautiful, one of the verses that would have been on my mother's list. (I'm trying to differentiate...)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.