Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Another 14 Question Meme

1. Lots of pillows or just one? Describe your pre-sleeping rituals.
I use two when I'm reading or doing puzzles in bed, but almost always just one to sleep. I'm beginning to think I should use none to sleep, just to keep my shoulders in better shape.
2. What kind of books do you read?
I'm pretty sure there is not one "kind" of book I haven't at least tried. However, I tend to mostly enjoy mysteries, biographies, plot-driven 'literary' novels, and humor of various kinds.
3. What are your neighbors like?
Sadly, for the most part, they are much like me, in all the external ways at least. On the other hand, maybe that's not so sad: we don't really have a lot of neighbor disputes in our area. Now, across the tree-line, THOSE people are icky. :-)
4. What's really creepy to you?
Not a fan of earwigs. Also, people who get off on meanness and stupidity. Green sky (if you live in the Midwest, you know what I mean). Vermin poo--creepier than the vermin themselves, because it means you know they're there but not where.
5. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
This. Books. Facebook. Planning next spring's trip. If it's possible to have an opposite-addiction, then I'm addicted to wanting to avoid my fucking idiot family members.
6. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory?
Yes. heh OK, no, I think we all know that it's all about Teh Sugarrrrr for me. Though right now I'm eating bread dipped in olive oil. It's LUNCH, ok? :-)
7. What was the last thing you expensive bought?
The underwear last probably thing I expensive bought was Secret Vic's. Last night. It was on sale: 7 for $25. They didn't have the kind I like, so I'm sad.
The next thing I expensive buy will be lessons language for meme originator this.
8. What is your greatest fear?
That I say anything close to any of my meme answers out loud in real life. :-)
9. Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave?
Do you really not pay attention to my answers here? Cuz, yeah try backing up to #6. Though, I suppose, you could add in the Diet Dr. Pepper....
10. What do you do to change your mood?
Sleep, eat, walk, physically change what I'm doing, cry...depends on the locale.
11. What was the last meal you ate that you loved?
My Velveeta + sandwich at Cheeseburger in Paradise last night was good, and the fries were delish with the hot cheese sauce. The only improvement would have been if the large family table near us would have been vacant. People=incredibly obtuse. Thank GOD for rules about gratuities being included for large groups. If my kids had behaved anything like these, they would have been banished to the car. Though, to be fair, much of the mess was created by the 'adults' in the group. Gah.
12. Do you want to learn another language? If so, why?
I'd love to learn ancient Greek and Hebrew so I could read the Bible in the earliest transcriptions. Failing that, I'll go with...Russian, I guess, since I can already pretty much transliterate, slowly, from Cyrillic.
13. What's something that you'd like to say to someone right now?
I don't think I need to say anything at all to my brother as I push him into the Grand Canyon.
14. What are you looking forward to?
Thanksgiving. Only the awesome family will be here, along with awesome friend(s).

4 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

It sounds like a great neighborhood! I'm sure the story and the Rise & Fall of your brother must be a dozy.

Kwizgiver said...

We like the same types of books. And I would highly recommend the nook--being able to get library books was the clincher for me. When my sister gets hers for Christmas, we'll be able to share books, too.

brandt! said...

lol .. i laughed at the push into the Grand Canyon .. I have never heard that before!!

Becca said...

Great answers! I am so spoiled with ereaders. I have the Sony and the newest Kindle!
Have a wonderful week!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.