Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Happy Turkey Day 2010

1. Tell us about your very favorite (yes we know that's redundant) Thanksgiving.
I can't remember a bad Thanksgiving. The whole scheduled-yet-unstructured day is great: get up, last minute cleaning, prep and start the bird, set the table, peel potatoes (endlessly--ok, I could live without this, unless I have help), get the rest of the meal going, watch football, talk to people, race around maniacally the last half hour, eat eat eat eat eat, groan, laugh, clean up the table, wash dishes and dry dishes (or play pool or Boggle, or read, or throw Tribbles), watch more football, eat pie, groan...all of which must be done with much laughter. Sigh. Perfect day.
2. What are you doing for Turkey Day this year?
See above. James and Don (my nephews), FIL, Amy, maybe the neighbors, and us are on the guest list.
3. If you were to go to somebody else’s house, what would be your favorite dish to bring?
I'd probably bring the jello. See, more proof that I'm from the midwest. Ironically, we don't have jello when I make the meal here. I suppose I could do that this year. My mom used to make this weird thing with orange jello and shredded carrots. It was surprisingly edible, but never stopped being weird.
4. Tell us about the funniest person that you'll be with this Thanksgiving.
Hands down: Don. Actually, James is funny too, in a very different way. Actually, there's no one on the list that isn't amusing. Hmm, that could be why they make the short-list.
5. What would surprise us to know about your Thanksgivings?
The mere fact that I cook is pretty damn surprising, eh?
6. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see?
If Katherine and Alan (and his mom and stepdad) arrive, there is ALWAYS drama. Alan's the only low-drama person of that group. This year's group is thankfully drama-free. Unless Sparky gets hormonal.
7. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it?
Pretty much what I said in #1, minus pool. Mom cooked, we all washed up.
8. We know you've been asked this probably 15 times this week. But share with us in 2010, what are you most thankful for?
My health, and the generally good health of my loved ones. I'm also thankful that Jean's suffering is over.
9. Okay, the big question: are you going to 'attend' any of the "Black Friday" sales? ...and if you are, are you hard core serious like the 5 am "be there" crowd?
Nope. You'd have to pay me several thousand dollars before I'd go out in those crowds. Nightmare!!

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Why would go for even thousands? I'd hold out for millions before I did black friday...

Kwizgiver said...

Throwing Tribbles?? That's a new one to me...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.