Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
Hootin'Anni Style

1] We all love snuggly things, right? In your own words, explain how the "X" and "O" became symbols for kisses and hugs!
I always figured the O was arms circling me in a hug and X was vaguely symbolic of pursed lips. At least, that's how I keep them straight in my own head.
2] Besides eliminating sticks, what would you put in a non-stick pan?
BROWNIES! Seriously. I would pretty much kill for some right now.
3] x=y over pi squared. What are your thoughts on crematoriums having discounts on those that die in fires?
Don't think so. Both my parents were cremated, and there are no discounts regardless of the circumstances of death. The funeral business wouldn't do that to themselves.
4] Tongue twisters are fun...but, it's torture to try to say lisp with that "s" in the word. What is your favorite tongue twister? Risque answers get extra credit!
I canNOT say "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" to save my live. Sorry: not risqué.
5] Cold weather is coming up. If it's zero degrees Fahrenheit, and tomorrow night it's predicted to be twice as cold, what temperature will it be?
About -30. You asked a Reference Librarian this question and expected something different??
6] Your significant other is upset with you, would you rather be skating on thin ice or be in hot water? Why?
Honestly, lately, skating on thin ice would be a nice change from the hot water.
7] What's worse, expecting the unexpected or being a wise guy?
I'd rather do the former, but fear I'm more likely to be [perceived as] the latter.
8] What brand of vacuum cleaner sucks the best? Mine really sucks!!!
I'm partial to Roomba though perhaps not for the sucking reason explicitly.
9] How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? Do you like playing with fire?
I do like fire. Candles fascinate me endlessly. And I'm pretty sure that, given the right materials, I could get a campfire started with just a couple of matches. Beast is a good teacher.
10] Toys R us...what was your favorite toy?
My brother's toy cars, and my jumprope and jacks.
11] Halloween is near...let's go grave robbing....what would you like to find?
{{shudder}} Just had a very horrible visual of a certain recent grave in England.
12] Do you wake up or open your eyes first?
Totally depends on the day, but I would say normally I'm awake before my eyes are open.
13] What mask would you wear to a Halloween Party?
This one:

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Love the mask!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.