Saturday, October 9, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. You order takeout from a favorite restaurant. You’re at the counter paying for your dinner by credit card and the host hands you the charge slip that includes a blank for a tip. Do you leave one for takeout?
Nope. Why should I? They did nothing but box it instead of plating it (requiring a lot less hassle) and bring it to the cash register.
2. You’re having dinner at a restaurant you’ve never visited before and you receive poor service, a wrong item on your plate and you have an inattentive waitor [sic]. Do you leave a tip anyway, or would you leave nothing?
I would leave the minimum tip, and ask to speak to the manager. If I had time. In my experience, this sort of thing tends to happen when I don't have time to mess around.
3. You’re under the weather and you decide to make a doctor’s appointment: how likely are you to search the web for your symptoms and walk in with your own diagnosis already in hand (or in mind)?
100% likely. I diagnosed my own thyroid condition, several of my allergies, and more than one instance of strep throat--though the latter was experience not internet investigation.
4. You see a drug ad on television promoting a “miracle cure” for a condition you know you have. How likely are you to contact your doctor and ask about that specific medication?
Not. Ever. I'd prefer to avoid meds advertised on TV. I take one that is regularly mentioned, but not because of anything I saw on TV.
5. A cell phone company sells you a phone that fails to do something you feel is basic. They advertise a money-back guarantee, but the fine print says there’s a $35 “restocking fee” for returning the phone. How much are you likely to fight that charge because of the phone’s inability to do what you need it to do?
Naah, I'd just deal. My current phone doesn't have speaker-phone capabilities, which is annoying at times, but...it'll break eventually and I'll ask about that next time.
6. You decide to buy a new computer, and there are two computer stores in town: one has low prices and an almost-absent sales floor staff, and the other has higher prices but very friendly, helpful staffers. You decide to get information from the well-informed staff at the more expensive store. If you knew you could save 25% or so by going to the cheaper store, how likely would you be to buy from the more expensive store that gives you better service?
I live in the middle of nowhere. I will be buying online or driving 15 miles to the nearest Best Buy. And I will be happy to save money on something I know how to fix, but I'll buy local, and small, on things I can't fix myself.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.