Friday, September 24, 2010

RevGals Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
We Who Sing Pray Twice

1) Do you like to sing/listen to others sing? In worship, or on your own (or not at all?)
I love singing, and I do like to listen to others sing, as long as they can carry a tune without use of a bucket. I'll sing anywhere, usually little la-di-da-di stuff around the house, and I listen to music as often as I can.
2) Did you grow up with music in worship, or come to it later in life? Tell us about it, and how that has changed in your experience.
Totally in worship: we had an excellent 200-member choir in my church and when I was a teen we also had an outstanding director (who was also very attractive, ahem). My parents sang, my siblings sang, we all played instruments (except, I've just realized, my dad). Much music in my life. I'm afraid that all this sort of caused me some serious shock when I realized that a) not everyone could sing, or even liked to, and b) not every church choir is basically professional.
3) Some people find worship incomplete without music; others would just as soon not have it. Where do you fall?
I don't think I could belong to a church that NEVER had music. It's not really worship for me until that first hymn, or praise song.
4) Do you prefer traditional music in worship, or contemporary? That can mean many different things!
I grew up with contemporary music intermixed with traditional/classical stuff. I'm in both camps equally.
5) What's your go-to music ... when you need solace or want to express joy? A video/recording will garner bonus points!
I no longer need bonus points, so I'll just say that Nicole C. Mullen can do no wrong in my book.

1 sweet-talkers :

Jan said...

Now I'd better find out who Nicole C. Mullen is! (duh)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.