Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Five

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Do you have insurance?
Yes, thank God, through Beast's company. I could get it at my job too, but because I'm only part-time it would be stupid-expensive.
2. What do you think of public option for health care?
I think people should have affordable medical care available across the board, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone would be against this. I mean, how much worse can a government-funded insurance plan be compared to the idiotic and evil insurance companies we now have? I mean, really, if a doctor thinks I need a specific prescription or a test, why does some dingdong bureaucrat get to be involved by saying that I'll have to take "this" or have a slightly different test instead. Not an insurance company fan. They suck.
3. Should insurance be health insurance be mandatory? If so, should it be subsidized for the poor?
I think this is actually asking if paying for health insurance should be mandatory. Well, no. If you don't want to buy it, you should be allowed to opt out. But if you use the ER as your "family doctor" or an ambulance as your personal "taxi" then you should absolutely pay every dime you are charged. No matter how long that takes. Your wages should be garnished from now until the day you turn 70 if that's what it takes.
4. Do you think the health care industry and pharma make too much money or not enough?
Too fucking much!
5. Would you leave the country if it meant that you would have no job but was [sic] assured health care?
Nope. I want to be able to work. And, in general, I like this country. However, if I were ill, all bets would be off.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.