Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Gestures

1. What are your thoughts on “air quotes?”
I rarely use them, and I don't think I've seen anyone else do them for awhile. How odd that something like that became a fad for awhile.
2. If you are the sort to flip someone the bird, what were the circumstances surrounding your most recent flip? If you’re not that type, have you ever, ever used that gestue?
I flipped off my brother in absentia yesterday while discussing him.
3. What’s a gesture you’ve made up, or what’s a gesture made up by (and shared with) your friends or family?
I can't think of any specific gestures we make that aren't fairly universal. Maybe the "across-the-room-high-five."
4. Are there any gestures that have specific, unique meanings in your workplace?
I was telling Beast today about the hand-waving we do when discussion audiobooks: do you want them to read (point to eyes) or to hear (point to ears)?
5. Have you ever received an anonymous gesture of kindness or affection?
It happens periodically at work that someone says a totally unexpected nice think about the staff/building. It's always nice.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.