Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random Dozen

(Link in meme-roll)
[Inspired by Lost]

1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
I can't think of a time like this, certainly not as an adult. I've been so lost that I was really irritated about being late for the meeting I was supposed to be at...but that was 10 years ago, and it turned out to be because Schedule Nazi gave me wrong/unclear directions.
2. Have you ever been to an island?
Yes. Yes, I have. Seems to me that I've been to more than one, in fact, though I'm only coming up with one right now.
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I lean toward thinking, but I have my feely moments.
4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I hope I'm gray--I try hard to be--but I suspect there are some areas in which I'm unable to see beyond the end of my nose.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
A book on surviving on an island, presuming it's one of the proverbial deserted type. If not, I'll have a book of crosswords (and a writing utensil).
6. What are you most afraid of?
It sort of toggles between fear of failure and fear of being found out. Which are really the same thing, no?
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
I've never really thought about not being able to make new memories ... wow, bummer; sounds a lot like death. But I'd probably sacrifice those so I can keep my dad and mom and Ellen, and Sparky as a baby, in the memory bank.
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
The picture of Beast and me the day before we got married (asleep on my sister's couch), a picture of me the day Sparky was born, and a picture of me at work.
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
I would elope. Fuck all the planning, the drama, the nightmare comments from assorted idiots...er, families members and friends. But, I'd keep the dress.
10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
I'm not as good as it as I'd like to be.
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
I do not even want to contemplate a doctor's office without reading material! I either have a book or I read the magazines (ugh) in the waiting room. Nothing worse than going to the eye doctor, having my eyes dilated, and not being able to see to read for 15 minutes or more before the exam. Major frustration and boredom.
12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
I'd like her to be thinner and less prone to SAD.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.