Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
In honor of William Shakespeare’s birthday, here are this week’s questions!

1. In A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Lysander says,
“Ay me! for aught that I could ever read,
Could ever hear by tale or history,
The course of true love never did run smooth…”
How has this proven (or not proven) to be the case in your life?
Life is hard. Love makes life easier, but doesn't take the hard out of it.
2. In Hamlet, the title character says, “Frailty, thy name is woman!” Who in your life has proven this not to be true? And if you’re willing to share, who in your life has proven this to be completely true?
Every woman in my family has disproven this statement. I actually know damn few frail women. Shakespeare was a product of his time. Besides, in his day, the women's parts were played by boys; frailty, thy name is boy?
3. In The Merry Wives of Windsor, Pistol says,
“Why then the world’s mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open.”
Ignoring the possible sexual meaning here, how do you feel about oysters?
The only person I've ever known to really enjoy eating oysters was my dad. Otherwise I have no feelings about oysters themselves. I like the mother-of-pearl in the shells, but that's about it.
4. In The Merchant of Venice, Lorenzo says,
“The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov’d with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.”
Do you agree, and have you known anyone who seemed to be completely unmoved by any kind of music?
I do not associate easily with people who don't care about music. Didn't realize Lorenzo was on my team on this, though, having never read MoV. I tend toward agreeing that people who don't like music seem untrustworthy to me.
5. Is Shakespeare overrated, or is he truly the western world’s greatest writer?
I don't think he's overrated, but I'm not sure he's the greatest writer ever either. He just wrote a LOT, and varied, of stuff.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.