Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Pretentious Blogging Meme

1. How long have you been blogging? Just about exactly 6 years.

2. What made you start? A couple of friends were doing it, and I thought it would be a really good way to track my reading. And then I had stuff to say, so I started a regular blog fairly quickly. And then by May I had started this site for all the memes I was doing.

3. Who inspired you? All the people I've read over the years, on- and off-line.

4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog? Nowadays, probably less than 10. Used to be LOTS more.

5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing? I love to write, but I'm very undisciplined about it, so I don't get things accomplished very well. I'm the sort of author who would have to be chained to her desk to write for a living.

6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? Here, it's all external. Hence, this meme. I need prompts. On the regular blog, it's pretty much whatever is going on in my life. Which, right now, is so chaotic I've chosen not to post because it's too confusing.

7. What or who inspires you and your blog? Uh. I'm not feeling too inspired.

8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog? Life. It happens. If it's interesting, I post it.

9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? Nah. Rules are for schmucks. lol I do have some general layout parameters I try to follow. Otherwise, not so much.

10. Is there anything you will not blog about? Other people's personal shit.

11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Nope. I follow the memes (here), I note what I've read (on the book blog), and post (on the regular blog) when the spirit moves me otherwise.

4 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

6 years is pretty impressive.
Have a great week.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/cheers-to-all-of-us-thieves.html

Join us for Monday Mayhem!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You are truly the meme expert. 6 years is a good run... :)

Kwizgiver said...

Oooh, a book blog! What's the name of it??

Cat. said...

It's here.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.