Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
The Blabbermouth Meme

1. When you were a child did you ever blab a family secret and get in trouble for it later?
I didn't talk much to anyone as a young child, so I can't even imagine who I'd've told anything. By the time I was able to construct coherent sentences and converse with strangers, the "family filter" was firmly in place.

When I was around 10 the family finances were dicey, and I must have picked up on that and started saying, "We don't have one of those" or words to that effect often. I remember my best friend's mom saying at a Girl Scout meeting--when I informed her that "we don't have any" darning needles (for a craft)--"You live in that BIG HOUSE and there's nothing in it?" I think I stopped talking to grownups again for awhile after that. [my house wasn't that big, but in comparison to their house ours probably did seem like overkill]
2. Have you said anything in the last 24 hours that you regret?
Yup. In fact, I asked Sparky to delete my voicemails to him last night without listening to them. I was bitchy in both of them.
3. Have you ever blabbermouthed something to a significant other that in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself?
Oh yeah. And I'm not giving out details.
4. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back?
Well, yeah. That's why I use the delete and edit buttons. I'm aware that the original thought is still around somewhere in cyberspace, but it becomes more difficult to find as time passes.
5. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment.
I talk too much, or at least it seems that way because I live with two very close-mouthed men. On the other hand, I do feel sometimes as if I am the repository of many people's vents. I can't think of any particularly horrible moment when I opened my mouth and inserted my foot, but then I come from a repressed, WASPy environment where talking about feelings is saved for the Angry Moments; that's when I say stuff that's better left unsaid. I do try, for various serious reasons, to not pass along information that is not mine to share (i.e., no gossiping). Mostly, I fail, or so it seems to me. I know I gossip WAY less than most of the people at my workplace, however, so...I occasionally feel like I'm ahead of the game there at least.
6. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household?
Well, me. See #5. In my larger family, it's probably my oldest sister, but not in a particularly negative way.
7. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting?
I'm picking Christopher, since he's probably the most interesting-looking by most cultural norms. ahem [that's a compliment, Chris]
8. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what message would you like to spread to humanity? Don't hold back.
"Mind your business! Be nice! Don't do stuff that would make your mother cringe!"

1 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

I'm SO glad that #7 was answered in that way! :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.