Sunday, January 24, 2010

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday 7

Name the top seven things from the list of 25 ... that you’d miss the most if they did disappear completely.
  1. Yellow Pages (I have a horrible time finding stuff in the online pages sometimes; and what are little kids going to sit on at Grandma's house at the dinner table?!)
  2. Ash trees (This just makes me sad.)
  3. Hand-written letters (I don't even send email anymore...sigh.)
  4. Drive-in theaters (Every summer we say we're going to go to the local drive-in and every summer slips by without a visit.)
  5. Honey bees (But I love honey! Fortunately, one of my coworkers' husband has started keeping bees in their yard so I've got a local connection.)
  6. News magazines and TV news (Well, here's the deal: if the evening news actually covered the news, rather than "Dramatic Events" ad nauseum it would help. Losing Time/Newsweek would be awful; we need thoughtful writers to explain current events after the fact.)
  7. The family farm (I live in an area with a lot of farms, many of them family-owned. I don't know how they do it.)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.