Monday, November 23, 2009

Curious as a Cat

(Link in blogroll)

1) Imagine you had a job interview today. What would you wear to it?
I'd probably wear something similar to what I wore to my mother's memorial service a couple of weeks ago: black skirt, nylons, heels and a nice sweater or blouse.
2) If you could trade places with any of your friends, who would you choose?
I think I'll deal with my own situation rather than buggering up anyone else's, thanks.
3) Have you ever had something stolen from you or been the victim of a crime?
I am one of the fortunate people who can say that all crimes committed against me have been petty (in the legal sense) misdemeanors.
4) Show and Tell.
What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo
Two things:
1. When I was growing up in Denver, there was a lit cross on Lookout Mountain (I think) that was lit every night of the year. I have memories of watching that cross as we drove up my street where it crossed K[...] Ave., possibly because the view there was especially propitious. It is not anymore: a 7-story condo went up on that corner when I was in high school. sigh I have no idea if the cross is still there.

2. When I was on my way to the ALA conference in June of 2008, I arrived in Orange County in the late evening and took the hotel shuttle with a bunch of people I didn't know to a hotel I'd never seen. I was fairly nervous. It was comforting, as we turned off the freeway, to see a ginormous lit cross glowing to point our direction toward Anaheim. [I eventually found out it was the property of the Crystal Cathedral which somewhat dampened my ardor.]

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.