Monday, August 10, 2009

Curious as a Cat

(Link in blogroll)

1) Do you express how you feel or do you keep it inside?
I tend to bottle it up a little sometimes, but in the end I really don't see the point in doing that. I've seen too much of the effects of that on people's health.
2) Are you a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper?
Lately, I'm a light sleeper. The older I get, the lighter I sleep, it seems. I do have nights where a nuclear bomb going off wouldn't wake me, but they are way less frequent than they used to be.
3) Do you remember the first names of all the bosses you've ever had?
Let's see: (does my dad count--he paid me to work for him sometimes: sweeping up job sites, folding brochures, etc.), LaVerne (I think?), Álvaro, Dan, Mike (and Stan and Roy), a different Stan, (the other dude in Special Collections...what was his name?), Naomi, Ed (whom I called 'dE,' pronounced "duh" behind his back), Bobbie, Jane, PsychoBoss, Larry, [my recently retired boss], and [my current boss]. I'm not counting babysitting or volunteer jobs because I've had way too many of those. So, the only one I can't quite remember is the Special Collections guy who was super nice, and a typical quiet librarian-type. Maybe Alan? That doesn't feel right...ugh...stupid memory. And, yes, I know the last two, but they are too recent for publication. ;-)
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Photo © Cat. 2009
I took this picture in Bemidji, MN, in June. We were on our way with the church youth group to the Red Lake Ojibwe reservation just north of there. It's an interesting sculpture. When you move around it, you get different emotional vibes as your viewpoint changes. In this shot, it looks like he's assaulting his shadow, which amuses me, but some of the emotional pitches are much less benign. By the way, Lake Bemidji is pretty spectacular, and it's a nice little town.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.