Monday, April 13, 2009

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

Do you recycle? Why or why not?
This question, 15 minutes after I told Sparky, "Just pitch [the aluminum baking pan]. It's too much trouble to rinse out and recycle." So yes, I do, but apparently only when it' convenient. I'll plead an exception tonight anyway: horrific headache. I may have to -- GASP! -- abstain from further computer-ing, in fact.
Would you rather be a pirate or a prince/princess?
I remember feeling distinctly 'princessy' (or at least celebrity-ish) in Russia toward the end of my time there. Life was so different for us--in our high-end Western-style hotel--compared to the overwhelming mass of the people living unaware of the impending end-times of the Soviet system. Being so separate and coddled was very uncomfortable to this egalitarian American chick. I noticed how it was changing me in a bad way when I had a temper tantrum over the beryozka being closed at 3 p.m. and thus depriving me of potable beverages of a non-alcoholic variety. "Stupid way to run a country! Who closes a store in the middle of the afternoon?!" And then, "Damn, get over yourself, bitch," resounded in my head when I realized our tour guide had heard me griping, she of the skunk-striped hair and the B52 bra and 5-year-out-of-date fashion. Because, that was top-of-the-line in the Soviet Union, and she had spent 6 hours that day touring us around, would spend another 4 hours after dinner shepherding us to the opera (yawn--Rossini sung in Russian); the in-between hours were probably spent standing in several lines to buy whatever food the shops had for her to take home. Spoiled little bitchy American = me.

I have no interest in robbing and killing people, which is, as near as I can tell, the job description for Pirate.
Are you into astrology? If yes, how does it affect your life?
Nope. I have created several star charts over the years, but it's pretty amazing that, if you leave the dates and names off the charts (or the daily predictions), they can be applied almost indiscriminately to people. Methinks, therefore, that astrology may be a humbug.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.