Friday, September 12, 2008

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)
Back-To-School!

1. Is anyone going back to school, as a student or teacher, at your house? How's it going so far?
Sparky's been in school nine days now. So far he seems to be doing all right, but I haven't checked his online report card since Monday. He's taking three honors courses, so he's a little buried some nights.
2. Were you glad or sad when back-to-school time came as a kid?
I was always pretty happy to start--I liked school, and summers were boring. Remember, this was back when we actually got three full months for summer vacation!
3. Did your family of origin have any rituals to mark this time of year? How about now?
Mom & I went school clothes shopping in August and I always got a couple of new outfits. That made the first day even more fun.
Nowadays, we always take a picture of Sparky on the first day. I used to always make sure I got him on his last day too, but that has sort of fallen by the wayside, I think. We also try to clean out his room sometime in the month before school, but that's such a huge chore that sometimes I just can't face it.
4. Favorite memories of back-to-school outfits, lunchboxes, etc.?
I think I had a Partridge Family lunchbox one year. It's odd: I can see the aisle at the store where we bought it--King Soopers, frozen section. Why is that so imprinted in my brain, I wonder?
5. What was your best year of school?
I didn't particularly enjoy grade school, but sophomore year high school and junior year of college were pretty fun.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.