Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given?
In general, money. Beast's parents gave us Revereware one Christmas--we still use it...when we cook...rarely. (kidding)
Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far.
Thinking I was going to die in labor was pretty awful. Realizing, weeks later, that everyone (except my mom) thought I was going to die of cancer in 1997 was shocking. Watching Sparky roll down the basement stairs when he was a tiny baby was horrifying.
But the two times I've actually felt the most terrified in the moment were times when I thought I was going to crash and die: once in an argument with a milk tanker, and once when I slid off a rainy road and careened through someone's yard missing a 70-year-old oak by 5 yards.
One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do?
Call 911. If it were a baby, or if the dog were clearly in extremis, I'd just break the damn window. I'd pay for repairs, but boy would the car's owner get an earful!!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.