Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
At the Beach

1. Do you plan to be at the beach this summer?
No. Ironically, there's a headline in this morning's local paper that several local beaches have been closed because of high bacteria in the water. So. No.

Except I was at the beach last month while on our mission trip, for about 6 hours. Oops, forgot about that....!
2. Do you have a favorite beach?
Not really. I did like the one we were at last month, and I loved the beaches in Puerto Vallarta. I don't like British 'beaches' because they don't really have sand; the base is gravel. Ugh.
3. How old were you on your first beach trip?
I grew up in Colorado, with a family that mostly didn't swim, so work that out. I think I was probably into double digits when my sister Ellen took me to the same beach I noted in question #1, or a nearby one on the same body of water.
4. Did your folks own or rent a cottage at the beach?
We owned a cabin in the mountains. MUCH more fun!
5. Have you or would you bring your kids to the same beaches you went to as a kid?
Sparky was with me last month. He'd been to that beach as a baby and very young toddler, so it was nice for him to be able to go back.
6. What type of bathing suit do you wear at the beach?
At this point in my life, to spare others' eyeballs, I wear Bermuda shorts and tank-tops or T-shirts. ;-) I don't swim, so it's really not that critical that I wear a suit.
7. Do you have favorite food you like to eat at the shore?
Ugh. Food with sand--yuck! No, I don't eat at the beach.
8. Do you have a favorite drink you like at the shore?
Water. I drink lots and lots of water.
9. When is the next time you will be beach bound?
No idea. Not something I spend a lot of time dwelling upon. I prefer to go places that are secluded and hilly, thus eliminating beaches from the list pretty much by definition.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.