Sunday, May 11, 2008

Purpose

Allison at ...Good As It Gets tagged me with this. I have to say, of the awards and chains that I've seen, this is the one that makes me smile the most, and seems the closest to something I take pride in. So....yeah, I'll cop to being a Blog With a Purpose. Upon receipt, I'm supposed to pass it on. I'm struggling a bit with this last bit. But here are the bits of the meme that are supposed to be passed along:
The rules for this Award are:

1. Nominate 5 blogs which haven’t had this award before
2. Each of the blogs must have a purpose
3. The nominated blogs must make a link back to this blog (I think that means the next people link to mine, Sweet Memes, and then those they nominate link back to theirs, etc.)
4. The logo from the award must be put on their blog and it must link back to this blog*
Fair enough so far.
    1. I'll link to Fleur de Lisa. I'm not sure if her stated purpose is to bring smiles and joy in words and pictures to my life, but it does. Her photography is wonderful. So is she. Plus we have sons about the same age, and it's fun to see that our kids are perfectly normal.


    2. The next blog I'm linking to is called Questioning Everything. The short version is that it is a paper journal from a couple of decades ago in mid-transcription. The problem is that I hardly think that the author is likely to veer off her purpose and pass the meme, but this IS the first blog I thought of when I got the meme in the first place.


    3. Next, Cheesehead in Paradise has been in my blogroll for a couple of years, and continues to quietly remind me that God is normal, pastors are normal, and both God and pastors are funny as heck. I think Cheesehead's purpose is slightly less high-flown than that, but I personalize everything, so....


    4. I can't go further with out mentioning Patrick's Place. His stated purpose is "fighting double standards and poor grammar" which makes me smile. He does memes, which I enjoy. He's smart and opinionated and verbal enough to defend his point of view. I may not always agree with him, but I appreciate a well-reasoned position.


    5. OK, there are too many. I'm waving the white flag and cheating by using my last award for A.M.Y. at Get It All Down. If one can't give blog awards to friends, what the heck are they for, anyway?! Her purpose? Being my friend, and keeping me sane. Probably, again, not by design, but remember--it's ALL about me.
This is suprisingly hard. I have a lot of Purpose Filled People among my favorite reads. Honorable mentions go to: The ZenfoPro (for breaking down the library stereotype and writing a lot about sex and drinking), Library Tavern (for perserverence in the field and in politics--you go!), The Annoyed Librarian (for pissing people off, and in the process maybe making them think), If I Ran the Universe... (for keeping me sane all winter and making library funnier than you would believe), The Daily Coyote (simply for making my day every single day), and all the blogs in the blogroll posted here (for Excellence in Meming).

And this is why I abhor awards: I've left people out. My apologies; I hope you don't take it personally as I probably would. ;-)
_____________
* It appears that this is not where the meme started. It seems to be WAY older than that! It appears to have begun here, and I traced our strand back to Norway (?). Technically, we are also supposed to link back to the header:

See, proof that I'm either OCD, or a librarian...or possibly both.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.