Monday, January 28, 2008

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

If you could have a servant come to your house every day for one hour, what would you have them do?
Mop and vacuum. I don't do this enough. Also, dust.
Has your life ever been changed by an apparently random occurrence?
Depends on how one defines "random." I'm not sure life is really all that random, though it may feel that way at times. On the other hand, car accidents and terrible weather...those seem random. I've had several friends whose lives were changed the instant their motorcycle did something unexpected: one was paralyzed from the neck down, one was in a coma for weeks and eventually woke up totally changed.
You're having dinner with several friends and acquaintances. They all criticize a close friend of yours (not knowing he/she is a friend). The criticism is unjustified. What would you do?
I've had this happen numerous times, of course; who hasn't? Most of the time, when it's my turn to pile on, I just mention that S. was my roommate for two years, or G. has always treated me with kindness, or "Gosh, I never knew that about P. and I've known her for years!" And I smile and watch their faces. Proverbs 15:1

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.