Saturday, February 3, 2007

Patrick's Weekender

(Link at left)
Saturday 6

1. Who's going to win the Super Bowl?
I'm really hoping the Colts do. I'm not sure what the line is, but I expect the Bears are getting all kinds of press...boo.
2. Have you been invited to any Super Bowl parties? (Or are you throwing your own?)
We're hosting the high school kids from our church tomorrow night. They collect for the Souper Bowl in the morning and then we hang out in the evening.
3. If you were invited, would you go, even if you hate football?
"HATE football"???? :-) Yes, I'd go. It's not about the game; it's about the commercials, the company, and the food. We ended up playing poker last year with the kids. Obviously not the usual chruch group activity.
4. Have you ever thrown a party focused on a television program?
Aside from sports, no. I live with two boys, both of whom are all about sports. No Oscar parties in this house!
5. If you were given free tickets to the Super Bowl, would you attend? Why or why not?
Just for the game? Probably not. However, if my airfare, transportation, and hotel were paid, I probably would. It would, at least, be warmer there than it is here (not that that would be hard to achieve right now!).
6. Do you worry about security at such an event? Would those worries prevent you from attending or in any way make you less likely to attend?
No, because if I've decided to attend, I've come to terms with the risk. If my time's up, it's up; nothing I can do about it. I don't relish crowds under the best circumstances, but it's not so much security as it is 'mob mentality' that I fear.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.