Saturday, October 7, 2006

Weekend Musings

October 7

Bird watchers have what they call a Life List which is a list of all the birds they've spotted throughout their life. I'd like to apply this to other things as well. So the question is, do you have a Life List? What is it about? How long have you been doing this? What got you started? If you don't have a Life List now do you think you might like to start one in the future and then apply the earlier questions to this?
I guess my life list is books. I have the last 3 years online, and the previous 7 or so on a disk. I also have them in a card file arranged by author.
Several Halloweens ago while working on the Haunted Theatre tour for a local university one of our volunteers decided a great way to earn a little money. While everyone else was in their places, in costume, scaring the groups that were coming through, he was filching all the money out of our wallets and purses which were in a backstage dressing room. At work the next day a teacher at the high school where I worked as a librarian's assistant gave me an envelope with all the money in it that he had won in a football pool that weekend. He explained that it was found money and should be used for something special. He said helping me and my daughters out because we'd been the victim of theft was something special. So here's the question. What do you do with found money?
I turn it in if there's a lot of it (like $10 or more). Change I just keep. More to the point, this is one reason I no longer carry a purse: GIANT target that screams "steal me." My wallet is much easier to keep track of.
I enjoy doing memes and I'm always on the lookout for new ones. What are some memes that you would recommend to friends?
See the sidebar.
Fill in the blanks: My favorite thing to watch is well-written comedy.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.