Thursday, April 20, 2006

Booking through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

Connect any six books in your library to each other by any way you want. One book will remind you of another because the author's name is similar, a fictional character shows up in someone else's book, another author is talked about by characters in a book, maybe the same friend recommended both books, or whatever. Books from a series count as one entry in your list.

"My library." I no longer remember what books I own and what books I've read. My library, therefore is "all the books I've read before," to paraphrase Julio and Willie.

I'll start with the book in the CD player in my truck right now:

  1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix reminds me of...
  2. Catcher in the Rye (because Harry is very disaffected). That reminds me of...
  3. To Kill a Mockingbird (because my copies of both have red covers). This book reminds me of ...
  4. The novelization of the movie "Alien" (because I couldn't stop reading those books and stayed awake almost all night to finish each of them when I was a teenager. Separate nights, of course.) That reminds me of ...
  5. The Star Trek:TNG books I read obsessively 10-15 years ago (because of the quality of the writing and their basis on another medium for a great deal of the characterization). Those remind me of...
  6. A Christmas Carol (because Patrick Stewart did a one-man version of this for several years). That reminds me of...
  7. Carol Bird's Christmas (because of the title). And that reminds me of...
  8. Little Pilgrim's Progress (because I read them about the same time, and because they are both very didactic Christian books for kids--I loved this one, though). This reminds me of...
  9. Dante's Inferno (talk about didactic Christian books!). Let's see, then I think of...
  10. The Earl Emerson series of mysteries 'starring' a firefighter (inferno -- fire...pretty obvious). Which reminds me, other than I haven't read one of these in quite awhile, of...
  11. The Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich (because they are funny, too). Those remind me of...
  12. Bridget Jones's Diary (also funny). And that reminds me of...
  13. The Adrian Mole Diaries (hysterically British humor). They remind me of...
  14. The Queen and I (same author). That reminds me of...
  15. If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things (because of the street that I pictured in both of these books). That reminds me of
  16. ..well, Harry Potter (because I listened to the last one on disc in the car).

Whew. Made it back around. Harder than I thought it would be, although I'm not sure if "making it around" is the point really.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.