Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Something different

1. What is a normal thing that took you an embarrassingly long time to learn?
How to pump gas? I was terrified till I was in my thirties of looking stupid at the pump because I didn't know what I was doing. ...because, yeah, the guys inside have time to watch people pumping gas?? smh
2. In what ways are you old-fashioned?
I believe in people doing things for themselves to the extent that they are able and in community to improve culture. I believe in love. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, but not being stupid. I believe in telling the truth, even if sometimes that hurts.
3. What is the best sandwich you've ever eaten? Where did you get it? What made it so delicious?
I suspect the best sandwich I ever had was something made at home and carried up a hiking path to the point where I was super-hungry and ready to eat. I have no memory of this mythic sandwich, but that tends to be when I enjoy food the most: after lots of sweat, outside, great view, good friends nearby.
4. What are you currently not bragging about that you should totally brag about?
We started a MASSIVE reorganization at work on August 1. It has gone in unexpected directions already, and I see that continuing to happen. I haven't lost my shit once yet. This is seriously amazing. Also, the finished product will be awesome, eventually. Give me a decade and it will be completely done!
5. What food have you never tasted and are most interested in trying?
I'd like to try more varieties of Indian and middle-eastern foods.
6. What history facts were you surprised to learn because it was never covered in school?
I never learned about the Sand Creek Massacre despite growing up less than 200 miles from where it happened.
7. What is something that you waited entirely too long to start or stop doing? What made you say "Why did I wait so long?"
It has taken me most of my life to really stop internalizing the opinions of people I don't know or care about. Why do they get to spend so much time in my head in place of people who love me??
8. What socially expected thing do you hate doing the most? What thing about polite society really grinds your gears?
I really hate hypocrisy.
9. What is something about your city that I should know if I'm going to visit? What is the hidden "must see" that you always tell friends and visitors to not miss
Well, there was a very popular movie filmed here in the early 90s that has become a bit of a "thing" to celebrate every year. There's a tour of sites from the movie and other slightly random things. I can do the tour in my sleep at this point.
10. What do you miss most about childhood?
The endless days, and waking up every morning to do it again only different.
11. What "fact" did you learn in school that is not true or no longer true?
...that the President always deserves respect.
12. What's your favorite piece of useless trivia?
I know SO MUCH useless trivia!! From the location of several dozen topics in Dewey Decimal to jersey numbers of football players from the 70s to how to make a white sauce in the kitchen to airport codes for a lot of cities. Really, it's ridiculous that no one will play Trivial Pursuit with me........!!
13. What's your best go to homemade "lazy" meal
Easiest hot food is spaghetti and a salad. The one I like the most is mac n cheese and sausage. However, I'm having a bagel sandwich with two kinds of cheese for lunch and I do that a LOT!
14. What's the title of this current chapter in your life?
"Surgeons and Pain Control for Beast"
15. What is a habit or practice that you learned from your childhood that you didn't realize was "weird" until you were an adult?
Apparently, shouting through the house isn't done by every family. Like, yelling up the stairs for someone--Beast's family apparently didn't do that. Who knew?

2 sweet-talkers :

Bev Sykes said...

Like you, it took me a long time to learn how to pump gas. I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't know how to do it!

Kwizgiver said...

I HATE pumping gas and avoid it as much as possible.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.