Saturday, August 6, 2016

Swiped

(Saw this at CyberChocolate's place awhile back. Then Amy posted something similar...twice...so, kismet?)

1. Do you like blue cheese?
I don't like the way it looks, and I don't really like it alone, but I love it on steak, salad, and burgers! It's pretty tricky to find a cheese I don't like at all, but please don't start suggesting all the stinky ones! Those are definitely OFF my list!!
2. Have you ever smoked?
Only when furious from the ears and nostrils.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
Nope. Not even water pistols anymore....I do have a Louisville slugger I'd introduce you to in the proper circumstances, however.
4. What is your favorite flavor?
White wedding cake. Actually, no: those little mints that we had at my sisters' weddings that I can't find around here. They are the total bomb!! I ate them till I ached inside. I'm not sure what to expect at the wedding I'm attending next month. The mints are unlikely, and the cake...who knows.
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor visit?
Doctors don't make me nervous, in general. PHONE CALLS from doctors (or their offices), now that is a whole different story! "We got your results back..."
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I like them cold, right out of the package. Yum.
7. Favorite movie?
Having just returned from seeing "Star Trek Beyond" I can truthfully say that that isn't it. It's not a bad movie, but it was very VERY derivative of other SF flicks over the past 30 years.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Diet Dr. Pepper. Or "diet caffeinated beverage", whatever ya got.
9. Do you do push ups?
This meme is not really talking to me like this, is it?! I mean, swear words an' all? Do you ask yo mama about that stuff?? (I hate pushups)
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I have a couple of pairs of earrings that I'm extremely attached to: one set I bought at Bosworth field the year of its 500th anniversary. They are handmade, small silverwork circles, 3 of them. I adore them. And the others I really love are also silver-colored, but they resemble books or stone tablets with vaguely runic writing on them, probably 1/4 x 1/8" each. I also really like the opal ring I got last year. And all the turquoise I own, most of which I never wear because it's ridiculous here. If I lived 1500 miles southwest of here, I'd have it on every damned day.
11. Favorite hobby?
Surfing the net. Sleeping. Reading. Puzzles.
12. Do you have A.D.D?
I'm not diagnosed no, and I think generally it's not my biggest problem.
13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself?
It's the flip side of what I like about myself: I'm often too quick to comment/judge/decide and regret my words/actions later. Sometimes even as they are in mid-flight.
14. Middle name?
I have one. The vowels in it adds one to the other two in the whole rest of my name. In other words, in my whole name there are only 3 vowels, two of which are used multiple times and the third is only in my middle name.
15. Name three thoughts at this moment:
I'm so freakin' tired; I hope Beast doesn't overheat outside; I really ought to be cleaning off my desk!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Water, DDP (or other dark soda)...and that's it, I guess.
17. Current worry?
I'm doing my absolutely best trying very hard not to worry right now. The only thing I'd worry about is something that is entirely out of my control, as it should be.
18. Current annoyance right now?
Being so bloody tired all the time. And the humidity, which makes me sweat even when I'm just sitting inside.
19. Favorite place to be?
Drifting off to sleep in a comfy bed. Or Ouray.
20. How do you ring in the new year?
If I'm awake past 11, I just stay up until the fireworks start to tail off around here. If I get to bed before 10, I can usually sleep through the insanity. And I need to be up early the next morning to catch the Rose Parade!!
21. Where would you like to go?
I would love to visit Valley of the Kings in Egypt, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. Oh well.
22. Name three people who will complete this:
I really don't know. Just link back, yo?
23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, though I don't wear them in the summer. I prefer bare feet as much as possible.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now?
It's my orange Super Bowl 50 Champions BRONCOS shirt.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I don't think I actually would. They sound way to slidy. And cold in the winter.
26. Can you whistle?
I can carry a tune, vaguely. I can't summon anyone, though.
27. What are your favorite colors?
Blue. All different shades of blue.
28. Would you be a pirate?
No, I generally try to live my life on the inside of social rules.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't sing in the shower and never have.
30. Favorite girl's name?
I'm certain this means favorite name for a girl, and I've always been disappointed never to have been able to use Josephine for anyone in the family.
31. Favorite boy's name?
See above. I'd've liked to have used David.
32. What’s in your pocket right now?
I have no pockets in my clothes today. Normally, I have chapstick and my phone, but they are on the table next to me instead.
33. Last thing that made me laugh:
Some of the give-and-take dialogue in the movie was amusing.
34. Best toy as a child?
Cars. Matchbox, Hot Wheels, back when they were die-cast metal.
35. Worst injury you have ever had?
The only times I've been to the ER for myself was ultimately for surgical issues--and one trip for kidney stones that passed, basically, as soon as they wheeled me into the exam room. The worst injury therefore would probably be when I damaged my tailbone a couple of years ago in the winter. I was still sore 8-10 months afterwards. Really weird.
36. Where would you love to live?
In the mountains. Or at least near something like mountains.
37. How many TV’s do you have?
There are two in the house.
38. Who is your loudest friend?
Believe it or not, it's probably someone from my workplace. Considering I work in a library, this is more than a little disturbing.
39. How many dogs do you have?
None. I'm allergic. I have had two in my lifetime. I love dogs. Stupid allergies!
40. Does someone trust you?
Others trust me more than I tend to trust myself. What is up with that!?
41. What book are you reading?
A book on grammar, a book of letters, a mystery, a book of short stories.
42. What’s your favorite candy?
Smarties. Though the Twizzlers I had at the movie were yummy.
43. What’s your favorite sports team?
You have to ask?! Well, it has been awhile since football season. I'm a Packer backer, tried and true.
44. Favorite month?
Generally, September.

3 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

I miss those Thanksgivings. :/

amy said...

Oh - and I shall make those little mints for you, next time we're in the same area code. :)

Cat. said...

You are always welcome, for Thanksgiving or any other day. We can get a turkey anytime 'round here. {insert joke here}
However, if you come on T-giving, there will be toddlers now. And...nephews, still.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.