Yeah, I know the food pyramid and the USRDA seem always to be in dispute, but hey: the pyramid is an organized concept with at least five distinct parts, unified by a theme, like a Jeopardy! category. That’s good enough for me! Click the image to see it larger, if you’d like.
- What constituted your most recent six to eleven servings of bread, cereal, rice, or pasta?
I just had a bagel thin and yesterday I had tater tots (I'm counting them as carbs because of the glycemic content), a bun on my burger, croutons at lunch, and a couple of tortillas for breakfast. I don't know if that equals 6-11 servings, but it's gotta be close.
- What constituted your most recent three to five servings of vegetables?
Lettuce on the burger. Lettuce and greens in the salad at lunch. Peppers and onions in my breakfast burritos. Probably not quite 4 servings there.
- What constituted your most recent two to four servings of fruit?
Ugh, I haven't had any fruit since Thursday when I had a big bowl of mixed berries: strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I should go have more of that before they all get mushy.
- What constituted your most recent two to three servings of yogurt, milk, or cheese?
Cheese on the bagel just now. Cheese on my burger last night. Cheese in the salad at lunch. I have cheese almost every meal. It's a food group all its own for me.
- What constituted your most recent two to three servings of meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, or nuts?
Burger last night, raw almonds for snack in the afternoon, and some chicken with the salad.