started 6/5 evening
501. If you could rename yourself what would your new name be?
I'd probably go with parts of my mom's maiden name. I've thought about doing that should I ever write a book.
502. What is your Glam Rock name (the name of your first pet plus your street name)?
"Peppy Cherokee." I sound like a hooker.
503. Have you ever created your own 'what ___ are you' quiz?
I'm not nearly creative enough, or desperate enough, or brave enough.
If you did make one what would it be about?
Yeah, that's not happening.
504. What is your favorite song from the 70's?
I can't pick one!! That's impossible! I loved everything from The Eagles to the Bee Gees to the Doobie Brothers to Linda Ronstadt. I can't pick one song that's better than all the others!
505. What do you feel like complaining about?
OMG, people at work. And the fact that there's no air circulation in the adult reference area so it's like swimming in sweat back there.
506. What do you feel like celebrating?
I can't think of a thing. Just pickin' 'em up and puttin' 'em down right now.
507. Have you lost touch with anyone you should call?
Oh, the piles of letters and phone calls I owe the universe! It doesn't bear thinking about.
508. Deep in thought do you forgive everyone?
What a weird way to ask that question. I struggle to forgive those who have wronged those I love. I can do it in the abstract and in the moment, but not when I really think about the pain they caused.
509. Can a person speak out against their government and still support their country?
Uh, yeah. In fact, in a democratic republic, I think it's incumbent on the citizens to do just that so The Government knows what direction to tack.
510. What do you have faith in?
The sun, babies, God, and stupidity.
511. Do you believe your government has a file on you somewhere?
I'm sure they do. Do I worry about it? Never.
512. What (not who) do you care about?
Sleep and books.
513. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen to you?
Going blind would really suck.
514. Who or what is really the absolute root and source of all evil?
We can simply go with the 7 Deadly Sins.
515. What do you want to change about the world?
I'd really like to fix global warming.
516. Why did you decide to complete this survey?
I'm a moron and a glutton for punishment.
517. Has anyone ever led you on?
Hmm. Kind of? Long ago, and I was pretty naive and unaware. "Was"--hah, still am sometimes.
518. What was the last thing you did against your will?
Got out of bed this morning. I really wanted to sleep.
519. What are your plans for the rest of today?
It's 9:30 p.m. I have to be at Bible Study in 9 hours. I should be going to bed.
520. How can you make tomorrow better than today was?
I can buckle down and catalog and keep my head below ground level. Today was a bit of a bitch-fest, and not just me.
521. Would you rather date someone 4 feet tall or 9 feet tall? The shorter of the two would fit in my house better....
522. How often do you get jealous?
I don't very often. Occasional bouts of envy, but not a lot of jealousy.
523. What is the one thing you do that your friends wish you didn't?
Probably bite my nails. Or say ridiculously embarrassing things.
524. Do you do any soul searching?
"An unexamined life is not worth living," right?
525. Do you believe you have a soul?
timeout--I have to go to bed--I'm dying
restarted 6/9 evening
526. Would you rather have a child that is more confident or more curious?
Hmm. The one I have is both, but leans toward confidence, I think. I wish he were more curious.
527. Are you a slave to love?
I hope not. Well, actually, maybe I am, but not eros but maybe philia or agape.
528. If you were going to write a bedtime story for someone you loved what would it be about?
Probably trains, given the young audience that is nearest me right now.
529. Does anyone understand you?
Most people understand me some of the time. Some people understand me a lot of the time. A couple of people "get" me almost all the time.
530. Do you understand yourself?
...mostly. Except for a few glaring idiocies that I'm working on with more or less diligence.
531. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water: Which is your element?
I like Air the best. I'm not sure what the actual answer is.
OK, I've found this quiz, from a fairly sensible site, and it says I'm Air: "You're smart, witty, and process-oriented--but may be a little abstract and spacy at times. You're drawn to ideas and love to learn. Just make sure to leave room for feelings and sensations." Some of this is accurate; some is dead wrong.
532. Who influences you to be the way you are?
Lately, my boss and my therapist.
533. What is one idea that you live by?
I do try to work the Golden Rule.
534. How can people act to make you want to get to know them?
Well, if they're all fakey or rude, I'm going to pretty much leave them alone, so....
535. Are you more delicate or tough?
Tough. I'm the least delicate person I know.
536. Would you rather be smarter or more beautiful?
I could always be smarter. Beauty has never EVER been my goal.
537. Have you ever had a surprise party?
I've been the the recipient and the giver of one of these. It was fun, but I wouldn't want to do it again.
538. When are you at a loss for words?
When people say unexpectedly rude things. It sets me back on my heels and makes my brain shut down.
539. What is the worst time to be alone?
When you need help with something.
540. What do your parents do that you will try never to do?
My parents are dead. If I had to think of something they did before they died, then it would be raising 4 kids under 10 on one salary and never having enough money to buy ANYthing for the adults.
541. What gets you through the night?
Sleep. And my CPAP.
542. Do you really want to live forever?
I really REALLY do not want to live forever!
543. Do you often experience powerful emotions?
Ah, yes. Although lately I've been rather blah.
544. What could make you so happy right now that you would cry and laugh and sing?
Waking up to find myself 80 lbs. lighter. Seriously, I cry and laugh and sing pretty much every day.
545. Who is your favorite visual artist?
546. What would you like to protest against?
I do a lot of yelling about feminism and equal rights for all.
547. What or who do you support?
Generally, kids and other powerless members of society.
548. If you found out you were pregnant today, would you have an abortion?
If I found out I was pregnant today, I'd be calling the media and an attorney: it's a two-thousand-year miracle, and I want my last OB/GYN to explain himself.
549. Do you like picking out greeting cards or would you rather write your own?
Oh, no, I'm a picker-outer.
550. Do you like to be thought of as mysterious?
I'd love to be thought of as mysterious! But it is NEVER going to happen--I'm too honest and out there.
551. What is the most magical thing that has ever happened to you?
My son. I mean, HE isn't magical, but the transformation in my life because of him has been pretty magical.
552. How would you tell your friend his or her fly was open in public?
Gestures if we aren't near each other, or coded comments. Nearby, I'd just lean over and whisper.
553. Does a good friend tell you you've got something in your teeth or pretend not to notice it?
554. The world has many secrets. Have you learned any? Will you share it?
I know a lot of secrets. I'm not sharing.
555. Are there any bands you like so much that you want to get their music video collection on DVD?
556. What do you need advice about?
I don't need advice, I need someone to force me to do the things I already know I should be doing.
557. Have you been half-asleep and have you heard voices?
I have heard voices without being half-asleep. Not often, not even once a year, but yeah....
558. Do you have a good luck charm?
559. Should animals have the same right to life as people?
560. What is your least favorite body part?
I'm not overly in love with my feet lately.
561. Do you enjoy British comedy?
Yes. Though sometimes it's a little hurtful.
562. Are there ever happy endings or does nothing end?
Yes. There are occasional happy endings but really nothing ends forever.
563. What is your worst trait?
My big mouth when it disconnects from my brain.
564. Is the world more beautiful because of love?
True, honest love, yes.
565. What is the essence of you?
I have no idea. What an interesting question!
566. What really inspires you?
567. Have you met your soul mate?
I've been married for 30 years to a guy I met in 1982. I don't really believe in soul-mates, but I do think there is a strong connection between people that can last a long time if they both work together.
568. Is everyday a special occasion?
Sure, for someone. Not necessarily anyone in my vicinity...but someone, somewhere.
569. What sound would you rather hear than any sound in the world?
Baby giggles. Actually, giggles of any kind.
...and then I felled to sleep
last round started 6/11 6:45 p.m.
570. Of the following which word best describes you: natural, outgoing, polite, quick thinking?
Quick thinking. I have moments of some of the others, believe it or not, but mostly I'm just mentally jumping around.
571. Do any commercials make you want to break your TV?
Most of them.
572. Have you ever lost your religion?
I have wandered in the wilderness more than once, but I'm not sure I ever lost my religion, just my faith.
573. Do you want to share your life with someone?
No. Why the hell would have have had a blog for 12 years if I wanted to do that?
574. Where ARE the wild things?
In most of our schools and prisons. And homeless shelters and libraries, increasingly.
575. Would you rather have a child genetically related to you or an adopted child?
I love my biological child, and I love all the other kids in my life that I didn't give birth to, even those that PISS ME OFF (yes, I just got off Facebook).
576. If I had a birthday party would you come?
If there's cake, I'm there.
577. What seemingly impossible thing is POSSIBLE?
Have you considered childbirth??
578. What song do you love to sing out loud?
Mostly silly songs unless I'm singing along with the speakers. I can't think of any one song. I sing snippets often.
579. Have you ever run through the woods naked and played in a stream (you should)?
Uh, no. This seems foolhardy (as I listen to a thing on TV about the Zika virus).
580. Have you ever taken long solitary night walks?
Not recently. Sounds lovely though.
581. Is there more to you than anyone knows?
Yes indeed. Believe it or not, there are unplumbed depths.
582. Can you make tonight the night that you do the things you always wanted to do?
That ain't happening. I can't do that much traveling or what have you in one night!
583. Would you rather watch life on TV or LIVE it?
WATCH. I have no interest in being filmed or video'd for public consumption.
584. What keeps you chained down?
Family, responsibility, God, work, friends, my mental health....this is the stuff that keeps me from spiralling out of control in most ways.
585. What is the nagging feeling in the back of your head?
"What did I forget to do?" or "What should I be doing instead of farting around online?"
586. Do you celebrate yourself?
Uhm, not loudly. I'm too much of a WASP for self-congratulation.
587. Does everyone get the same opportunities in life?
Nope. Really, you're asking that?
588. What would you consider to be better than sex?
589. What evil is necessary?
590. What's your favorite one hit wonder?
Oh man... "Walking on Sunshine" maybe? Or "Seasons in the Sun"...?
591. What would you do anything for?
A Klondike bar? OK, no, I'd go to the ends of the earth for Sparky. It's quite unfair that he no longer needs me to.
592. Do you celebrate the full moon?
Not in particular, no. I often notice them because of behavior. Yes, I believe in that silliness, to a point.
593. Have you ever gone in the water at the beach at night?
Yes I have. It was delightful.
594. Are you ordinary?
595. What makes people want to hang out with you?
I have no idea! Tell me! Please?
596. Have you ever felt like you've been a little bit too good to someone?
Pretty much every day.
597. What book did you like that you had to read for school?
The list of books I hated is shorter, but I liked most of John Steinbeck (minus The Grapes of Wrath), I love Shakespeare, I liked pretty much everything I read in Brit Lit in college.
598. What book should everyone have to read in school?
Oh HELL no I'm not doing that! Maybe The Cat in the Hat, but one of the things I hate about education is being forced to read shit.
599. Do you like the store Old Navy?
I do but their clothes don't fit me anymore. :(
600. What movie sequels do you like?
I enjoyed all the Matrix movies. I liked all the Harry Potter movies. Sequels aren't, by definition, bad. I do not love any of the Star Wars flicks, except the most current one.
FINALLY finished at 7:15 p.m.!!!