201. Put these creatures in order from what you would least like to be reincarnated as (1), to what you would most like to be reincarnated as (10) assuming reincarnation ended up existing AND you were given a choice: caterpillar, house dog, wild dog, vulture, male human, female human, oak tree, rock, manta ray, dolphin
Rock, vulture, oak tree, manta ray, caterpillar male human, female human, wild dog, house dog, dolphin
202. What do you feel unworthy of? Nothing. I mean, there are an awful lot of things I have access to that are decidedly unfair and I don't deserve. I don't really feel unworthy of them, but I feel like more people should have access to them besides me.
203. Would you rather be remembered for having done something for humanity or being a really nice person? I'm not a huge fan of the word "nice" so I guess I'd rather be known as an humanitarian.
204. Which do you value more: science or intuition?According to my Meyers-Briggs results I'm somewhat more interested in intuition than "thinking" and I think that's fairly accurate.
205. Your best friend and your significant other are in the hospital at the same time with the same ailment. Who do you visit first? Husband. He's going to be nearer, for sure. My besties--outside of Beast himself--all live a ways away. And please, for cryin' out loud, stay out of the hospital!
206. Does the universe revolve around human beings? Not even close.
207. If you are no longer a virgin, do you wish you still were? Uhm, no.
208. Who is your favorite poet of those who are alive right now? There are a lot of good poets out there. I like Nikki Giovanni and Seamus Heaney, to name two big names.
209. What is your favorite song from the 90's? I heard "Mmmbop" the other day for the first time in eons, which was fun. And I really do love "What's Up?" (4 Non-Blondes). There's a lot of good stuff....sorry....it would be harder for me to name a relatively recent song I love.
210. If you were in alphabet soup what letter would you be? X.
211. Do you believe in fairies, ghosts, aliens, angels, dwarves, elves, etc.? I believe in some form of angel, as in the original Greek "messenger." I've run into a few of those. The others...not so much. Presuming you don't equate little people with dwarves....
212. What makes you want to be someone’s friend? I like people who are funny, clever, and sensible.
213. Do you troll around the Internet harassing people anonymously for fun? Hell no. I have an actual, yknow, LIFE and personality in the real world. smh
214. Have you ever seen the movie A Man Who Fell to Earth? I have not.
215. What is your favorite line from a movie? “What is your damage, Heather?”
216. What's your favorite video game? I haven't played video games in years. I always liked The Sims.
217. Have you ever taken something that wasn't yours? Yes. I'm notorious at work for ACCIDENTALLY keeping people's library cards and IDs.
218. What is one phrase people say that irritates you? I canNOT deal with "nyoo-kyuh-ler" or "jew-ler-ee." It's a thing.
219. You allow strangers to read your diary, but would you let your parents read it? At this point...they probably have given up caring. But generally no.
220. Hot steamy bubble bath or quick in and out shower? Depends. Do I need a good shave? Does my hair need washing? How dirty am I? How long till I have to be somewhere and what is the event?
221. Are you allergic to anything? Like everyone: dust and mold. And cats, dogs, several grasses, some pollen. And morphine.
222. What is your favorite Terminator movie? The first one.
223. What is your favorite fast food? Taco Bell, though of late Wendy's is making it a contest.
224. What would someone have to do to get you to never speak to him or her again? It's not that hard, actually: just be a mean, nasty-tempered asshole.
225. Would (or have) you ever whip someone or be whipped by someone in bed? Well, we just left PG-land, didn't we? I'm pretty sure the presence of a whip in my bedroom would cause so much hilarity that no one would be able to properly use it.
226. Have you ever said 'I hate everyone' and really meant it literally? Yes.
227. Why do some people want to get more money than they could ever spend? "Just in case." Y'know, "what if something happens and I need it?"
228. Have you ever won a carnival fish? Yes, actually. I think?
229. Did it live more than a week? I don't think I even took it home. I think I gave it back to the fishtank for someone else to win.
230. What's the best sounding accent a person can have? An unconscious one.
231. What's the most boring thing you've ever read? Most legal documents. Tax code. Hemingway.
232. Do you prefer buttons or touch screens? Depends on what I'm doing. I'm getting much better at touch screens.
233. Do you think there is a lot of similarity between the Harry Potter books and the Lord of the Rings series? Nope.
234. Would you consider yourself to be naive? I have my moments. Generally, though, even if I haven't heard of something, I've learned to pretend to know what everyone's talking about till I can escape and Google it.
235. Which of your friends is most likely to go to jail? I don't really make friends with people who are likely to go to jail. It's kind of a buzzkill in terms of friendship, to be honest. I know several people at work (patrons) who are in and out of jail like it's Starbucks, but of my actual friends? Probably ... well, none of them. Maybe my British nephew, for protesting something?
236. What is the smallest amount of money that could be in a public toilet that would make you reach in and grab it? Nope.
237. Would you ever wear real fur? Sure. I have real fur, have had fur off and on my entire life.
238. Arachnophobia or Eight Legged Freaks? I'll just be asleep in the aisle; let me know when it's over.
239. What are your feelings about police officers? I think they need to have a lot more training in resisting the temptations endemic in their jobs, and that includes the power-play tendency and the easy slide into bitterness.
240. What is your favorite line from a song? We're watching NASCAR, and one of the guys in the booth just sang "You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel" so I'm kinda stuck there now.
241. Is fifty dollars a lot of money? It is if you have nothing besides that $50.
242. Do you like the band Front 242? Never heard of 'em. The wiki says their music is "EBM, industrial, electronic, techno" and while I'm fine with the latter two musical styles, I'm not trilled with industrial stuff. Or EBM for that matter.
243. Would you rather have fame, money, or self-satisfaction? I'd rather just get on with things.
244. What's your middle name? I've been doing this blog for 12 years and I've never answered this question yet. However, my middle name has appeared in other contexts on the blog, which is not true of my first name.
245. What is the absolute limit, the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars? Nothing illegal.
246. Are you good, evil or neutral? Yup. One of those, usually one at a time.
247. Should ebonics be considered a language? Nope, but it IS a legit dialect of English, which is actually known as either AAVE or BVE, which (probably) began life as non-standard English used in the Southern U.S. prior to the Civil War.
248. What color is your bedroom? Sky blue and a sand-colored accent wall.
What color would you like it to be? Seeing as how I picked those colors....
249. When are you planning to move to a new home? Not for a VERY LONG TIME!
250. If you added up the cost of everything in the room with you, approximately what would it come out to be? Well, we're close to $3500 after 3 items...so, let's just say at least $8000 for basic replacement costs, and that's conservative.
251. Do you blow your nose in public? If I need to.... As opposed to what? Letting it run? Yum.
252. Do you want to follow in your parent's footsteps? My parents were good people. I could do worse than follow their lead.
253. What is the coolest web site you know of? There is no way to pick ONE site that is the best for any one thing. However, if you like books (and movies), and are too cheap to buy all those you want to read, WorldCat will tell you if your title is owned by any nearby libraries.
254. Which cartoon would you most like to see turned into a movie? Mighty Mouse!!
255. Of the following, which word best describes you: enthusiastic, fair minded, generous, helpful Helpful.
256. Can you eat with chopsticks? Second time today for this question. I'm OK with big stuff, not so much with small or slippery things.
(That's what she said....)
257. Could you tell real money from counterfeit? Probably.
258. What do you think about school uniforms? I'm not a fan, though I'm aware that there are situations in which they are the best choice for a community.
259. What ancient civilization would you most like to visit? Can I change myself into the dominant cultural group? As a woman, I've very little interest in going back in time. As a man--of the "correct" race--there are a lot more options.
260. What would make a great new Crayola color? "Sparkler"
261. If an art project is created with the intent of getting rich and famous, does that cast doubt over its significance as a work of art? Nope. Look, both Leonardo and Michelangelo were TOTES in it for the money. And their stuff holds up all right as art, right?
262. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration? Bono. And the rest of the guys, if they're available. Otherwise, Annie and Christie--friends from church who have perfectly matched-for-harmony voices.
263. Who is the greatest philosopher of your country? Ever? Wow. If I limit it to just living people, I'm going with Notorious RBG.
264. If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go? And I never took this class, but this seems a little like saying that all the air is gone.
265. Is it as easy to make you happy now as it was when you were a child? I'm fairly certain it's easier now that it was then.
266. Who knows more...you, or your parents? About what? And since my parents are both dead, this question is completely unanswerable.
267. What instrument would you like to be famous for playing? I wouldn't like to be famous.
268. Children fill [their] lungs completely with air. Adults breathe in a more shallow way, not filling their lungs completely. Why the change? I don't know if this is even true, but I would propose laziness and larger lung capacity have something to do with it. I actually try to take at least a few really big breaths whenever I think of it, at least daily, and hold them. I've seen too many people get pneumonia because they had such diminished lung capacity as they aged.
269. Would you have sex with a stranger for one million dollars? There would be a lot of contract to read before I'd do this.
270. Are you completely in control of your body? Nope. My blood seems to do fine without any intervention and so do my synapses.
Are you completely in control of your mind? Hell no! If anything, my mind is further out of my control than my body. I'm a mess, in short.
271. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway? I am extremely not fussy. ...she says, the night before Mother's Day....
272. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do? I'm getting better at identifying some of my behavior.
273. Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself? I tend to do a lot of quoting, but I've no problem putting my thoughts into my own words. Hadn't you noticed?
274. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product? Hah! Nope.
275. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often? Thinky ones that aren't dismal.
276. Does fashion matter to you? Not particularly.
277. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else? Well of course they should!
278. What do you get in trouble for the most? Shooting off my mouth.
279. Should parents spank their kids? I do not think it should be done without solid reason, and never in anger. That's pointless. But as a teaching memory, I see nothing wrong with a butt-smack.
280. What is your worst daily habit? Not leaving for work on time. Maybe nail-biting.
281. If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled? Anything involving a Kardashian of any kind.
282. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt? Yep. One or both.
283. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts? I try to be. Getting better at it.
284. What do you feel the most guilty about? I'm really working hard on eliminating pointless guilt. I know it's quite fashionable to go on about being guilt-ridden, and I think conscientiousness is important for sure, but endless guilt over situations that aren't fixable is just stupid. I can't fix the fact that it's likely some of my ancestors owned slaves. I can make sure none of that mindset remains in my behavior today.
285. Do you meditate? I pray. I do some conscious relaxation.
286. Can dreams be visions, or do you feel they are always random images? Oh, they can be meaningful for sure! But sometimes, Dr. Freud, a cigar is truly JUST a cigar.
287. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way? Yes.
288. The thief _______ that everyone steals.
What verb would you fill in the blank with? "believes"
289. What's the most incredible experience you ever had? Those sudden moments where things all come together and I'm aware enough to notice it.
290. Are you ever afraid to write/say/think how you feel? Yes. MUCH more so than I ever have been up until about 3 years ago.
291. Do you write/say/think it anyway or become intimidated and try to avoid it? I'm getting better at waiting to be sure I need to be the one to say whatever it is. But I still get impatient and just want to get whatever it is handled.
292. What is one thing you can't do? Write my name in snow when I pee.
293. Do you like movies starring Charleton Heston? They are amusing at this point. Beast really loves the old Planet of the Apes movies, and there's nothing better than curling up to watch The Ten Commandments.
294. Are you gentle? Not very often, no.
295. When do you feel the most raw and vulnerable? When things aren't going according to plan.
296. Are you trying to find yourself? If there's one thing I've always been aware of, it's where I am at any given moment.
297. Where are you looking? I'm NOT.
298. Are you sometimes afraid of being honest because you are afraid of hurting people's feelings? Yup
299. What would make you a stronger person? Lifting weights would be a good place to start.
300. What book would you like to read sometime soon? We could start with anything on this list.