Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Stealing x4

(Link in meme-roll)
Ask Ask Ask Meme

1 - If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?
Someone who could build a boat and get us home. And could help feed us in the interim. And who isn't bad to look at or deal with.
2 - What do you feel right now?
I'm a little chilly--just slid on a pair of shoes. May have to get a sweater...
3 - What chocolate is your favorite?
I'm not a big chocolate craver. I like plain chocolate chips or M&Ms or whatever's on offer, but I don't go out of my way for it very often.
4 - Why did you create a blog account?
Because it was the thing to do in 2004.
5 - Who is your favorite blogger?
Some of my favorite Old Timers are Real Live Preacher and Language Hat. RLP doesn't call himself that anymore, but the Hat is still around.
6 - When was the last time you cried? Why?
Yesterday listening to a song I teared up.
7 - Who is your best friend?
Beast.
8 - What kind of music do you listen to?
I'll listen to almost anything, but I prefer upbeat songs with a beat and some lyrical content.
9 - Do you have troubles sleeping at night?
On occasion. Nothing like when I was younger, that's for sure!
10 - What do you prefer, jeans or shorts?
Jeans in cold weather, shorts in summer. [duh]
11 - Did you try to change for a person?
I have changed behaviors for people. Doesn't mean I have changed my life for them, necessarily, but if someone is more comfortable having the cupboard doors and drawers closed, I can do that without changing who I am.
12 - Are you in a good or bad mood?
Pretty good. A little antsy.
13 - Name someone you can’t live without.
I can't do that. One thing I've learned is that I can survive the deaths of those close of me. I'm not a big fan of the process, but I can survive.
14 - Do you have a grudge against anyone?
Sure. I try not to, and when I notice it I try to figure out if I really want to carry that around with me or let it go.
15 - Are you a crybaby?
Yup.
16 - When people praise you for your looks, what feature do they praise?
I've had compliments on my legs, my hair, my hips and my face over the years. I don't take any of it too seriously. Except maybe the hair. :)
17 - What hair color do you prefer?
I like dark hair, generally. But redheads have a special place in my heart.
18 - If you can change anything about yourself, what is it?
I need to get my health sorted out.
19 - Can you live without internet?
Sure. I did for more than 30 years after all.
20 - Have you ever experienced being hysterical?
Yup. Last March I realized that I was about theees close to completely losing my shit entirely and consciously had to check myself.
21 - Did you have an accident last year?
Uhm....? I wasn't in a car accident, no.
22 - What are you thinking right now?
I'm hungry. Like, not actually "no food in my tummy" hungry, but I really want a donut.
23 - Have you been hurt so bad that you can’t find words to explain how you feel?
Oh yeah. Some of that going on all the time.
24 - Do you have trust issues?
Yes I do.
25 - Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”?
In general terms, I guess, Jesus. In personal terms, depending on the slant of the discussion, Beast or my dad.
26 - Do you believe in the phrase “If it’s meant to be, it will be”?
Yup. Though not really phrased that way. My version runs more like, "Thy will, not mine, be done."
27 - Do you believe in destiny?
Not exactly. I believe in predestination, being the staunch Presbyterian I am.
28 - How do you look right now?
Meh. I'm clean and dressed and presentable for leaving the house--having had to be at Sunday School at 9.
29 - Did you ever feel like you’re not good enough?
Welcome to my childhood!!
30 - Favorite city?
Depends on the activities planned and time of year. Denver, of course. Rome. Florence. Milwaukee. London. San Diego. Chicago.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

25 Large Meme

Travel anywhere, where would it be?
I really want to go to Australia and New Zealand one of these days. And maybe South America. Or Egypt.
Meet anyone, who would it be?
Michelle Obama.
Bring anyone dead back to life, who would it be?
Nope.
Be anyone for a day, who would it be?
Normally, I would probably say my son, but not right now. I don't envy him this current rollercoaster.
Get anything for free for the rest of your life what would it be?
Weight control.
Change one thing about your life what would it be?
Weight control.
Have any superpower what would it be?
Invisibility. I'm getting better at it.
Be any animal for a day which would you be?
Wolf.
Date anyone who would it be?
I'm so out of the dating pool it's not even funny. Even if I were single, I think I'd be recused.
Change one thing about the world what would it be?
I would like to see us taking better care of our children as a group.
Live in any fictional universe which would you choose?
Star Trek. Really, you gotta ask??
Eliminate one of your human needs which would you get rid of?
I would really love to spend less time thinking about plumbing issues....sez she who has a colonoscopy coming up.
Change one thing about your physical appearance what would it be?
Wouldn't it be lovely if I could be within sight of my high school weight? Hah.
Change one of your personality traits which would you choose?
I'm getting better about popping off without thinking.
Be talented at anything instantly what would you choose?
Listening.
If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
Didn't we already do this up there above.
Erase an event from history (make it so it never happened) which would you choose?
Can't just pick one. I'd like it if Hitler had never been born, but....
Have any hair/eye/skin color, which would you choose?
I'm ok with what I've got, thanks.
Be any weight/body type, which would you choose?
Well, thinner like I used to be.
Live in any country/city, where would you choose?
I could live in England. Or Colorado.
Change one law in your country, which would you change?
There are whole swaths of laws that need eradicating. I start with anything to do with people's sexual kinks in their personal lives.
Be any height, which would you choose?
I'd like to be about an inch taller than I am now, so 5'8.5"
Have any job in the world, which would you choose?
I love my job! You can't take it away!
Have anything appear in your pocket right now, what would it be?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Have anyone beside you right now, who would it be?
I'd like to have a heart-to-heart with my niece Elizabeth. There's been a strong uptick in ...something... between us over the last 3 years and I'm not sure if there's anything I can, or should, be doing about it.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Doodley-Do Meme Meme

Do you keep notes, drawings or letters that people give you?
I keep everything forever!!! OK, no. I do keep most things for a long time, but eventually have a come-to-Jesus talk and throw things out if I'm not using/remembering them.
How many true best friends are present in your life?
I don't know. I have three people I consider my besties, and a HUGE group of people I know I can totally rely on...and some others who are super-wonderful. So thankful for that!
Do you currently have a significant other?
I think Beast is fairly significant to me, yes.
Would you be able to stand being in the same room as someone you hate?
I do it on a semi-regular basis at work, yes. Though, "hate" is a strong word. "Want to murder" might be closer.
Do you depend on people at all, in any way?
Of course I do. We all do. If you think you don't depend on others, I do hope you built your house, hunted/grew your food, chopped your own wood for fuel and/or heat (or found other sources lying around)...have no municipal services whatsoever, including water, and never get online.
Oh, and please, for God's sake, don't get sick. Ever. Or want to read or talk to anyone. Ever.
Have you ever lost a close friend?
Yes. There is great suckitude-ness here.
Has anybody ever held a grudge against you for a dumb reason?
Of course. All reasons to dislike me are dumb. hah
Have you ever stayed up late talking to someone you like on the phone or online?
Seriously? Have I ever been teenaged? Or hormonal? Yes.
Have you ever felt backstabbed by a close friend?
See answer directly above.
Have you ever regretted ignoring anybody?
And I reiterate...
Has a friend of yours ever confessed their love to you?
As in, that they love me without me knowing already? Uhm. Sorta? Certainly not recently, for which I'm so very grateful. It's weird enough to think about it when it happened eons ago.
Have you written or drawn anything for somebody else?
Of course.
Do you tend to hide your emotions from certain people? How do you hide them?
Yes. I have blocked everyone I work with--except one person--from my Facebook updates. And I'm much better about blathering on about my personal shit at work than I was even 6 months ago. I'm sure Crazy Cat Lady (not on Facebook) has no idea of the disdain in which I--and the rest of the staff--hold her, for instance: "please just freakin' RETIRE already wouldja?!
Do your friends know how to make you smile in tough times?
I don't think I would hang on to friends very long if they couldn't do this.
Could you picture yourself on a reality TV show?
Hell NO! Absolutely not. I would much rather die than ever be on TV.
Are you better at drawing or coloring?
Coloring.
Do you prefer meat or seafood?
Yes. Or poultry.
Have you ever read the Bill of Rights / Declaration of Independence?
Yes, yes I have. Thank you, Mr. Graebner and Drs. Rempe and Sherrick.
Would you rather become a police officer or a firefighter?
I would rather live by myself with no municipal water supply or friends than be either. Not because I don't like them, but because I have a lot of respect for the difficulties of their jobs and know I'm very much not strong enough to deal with them.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Ask Questions, Yo Meme

1. Are you a very open or private person?
Publicly I'm fairly open but not as much as Beast. Privately (i.e., on my blog) there are very damn few boundaries.
2. Change one thing about the world what would it be?
Wouldn't it be lovely if people could be nicer to one another??
3. Live in any country/city, where would you choose?
Just did this up there somewhere; scroll back and see.
4. What perfume do you wear?
VS now, but I bought some Cartier Zeste de Soleil on vacation because I fell in love. With the perfume.
5. How are you feeling right now?
Still doing ok. It's now two hours into these questions and I'm starting to get tired, though.
6. If money was no object, where would you move to?
It's not the money that's the problem, it's the jobs and people that I've grown to love here.
7. Who was the last person to make you cry?
Myself.
8. What age do people usually mistake you for?
I think most people have me fairly close; it's the gray hair that sort of helps. Or whatever.
9. Is there a song which can bring you to tears instantly?
Quite often the MJB/U2 version of "One" does this. Also, several hymns, including "Here I Am, Lord."
10. Do you play video games?
Not too often. OK, rarely.
11. What do you think about before you go to bed?
As little as possible so I can sleep.
12. Have you ever online dated?
Nope. {{shudder}}
13. Do you get cranky when you’re hungry?
Uh, yeaahhh, duh!
14. What drink did you last consume?
I just finished my 3rd DDP of the day.
15. Have you ever tripped while walking up the stairs?
All the bloody time, especially if I actually try to look where I'm going!
16. Is there something you’re happy about at the moment?
"Happy" isn't quite the right word. Anticipatory-dread maybe?
17. Are you a shy person?
Yes. But I'm also very good at acting un-shy.
18. Were you happy when you woke up today?
Yeah, I think so.
19. Do you like rain?
Nope. I do not like rain, aside from the obvious practical reasons for needing it. I feel about rain as I feel about mosquitoes.
20. Can you go a day without music?
Yes, but I don't really like those days as much as music-filled days.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

So many great answers!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.