Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
All Dressed in Love (2008)
For Valentine's Day, we need a happy love song. Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jennifer sings, "I look good in love …" What about you? When you're happy, or sad, does it show? Or do you keep an even demeanor, no matter what?
I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeve, though I try to keep the worst of the anger and sadness toned down. Today was NOT a toned down day--my hormones are all over the place and I'm well past exhausted so Cry Queen Is Me. I think most people think I'm usually cheerful. There are days I should get an Oscar.
2) This song played over the closing credits of a hit movie, Sex and the City. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession stand for popcorn, or a soft drink, or candy?
Growing up, we never bought snacks or drinks: too expensive. One of the joys of being married to Beast is that he never stints or says no to whatever I want at the concession stand. I know, I'm really cheap.
3) Think of the last movie you watched at home. Was it a DVD, DVR, streamed or cable presentation?
I'm working my way through China Beach, but it's tough. The episodes are hard to watch, harder even than when they came out. I didn't know shit then. Oh, and it's the library's DVD.
4) Jennifer Hudson got good grades in high school and went away to Langston University in Oklahoma. But she was homesick for her family in Chicago and came home after just one semester. Have you ever been homesick?
I went to college a thousand miles from my home. I'd never even been to camp by myself before that. I was a wreck the entire first semester of my freshman year. Endless sobbing, endless whining on my RA's shoulder, all-too-brief calls home at 11 p.m. (all you old people know why) to cry at my parents. When I got back after Christmas vacation, I was fine for the rest of my college career. However, I still--33 years later--miss my mountains.
5) Jennifer received acclaim for her renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" at the 2008 Democratic Convention and Super Bowl XLIII. Do you agree with critics who say that our National Anthem is hard to sing?
That song is a killer. You have to have an incredible vocal range and it has to be pitched just right for your voice to get both the highest notes and the lowest without cracking or losing tone. Then again, the tune started out as a drinking song, so who the hell cares what it sounds like?
6) Jennifer is a spokesperson for Weight Watchers and, with diet and exercise, went from a size 18 to a size 6. She says that while she's committed to healthy eating, she still enjoys ice cream occasionally. Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or a cup?
Cup. I don't lick fast enough. And I really don't like the cones anyway.
7) Her fiance, Daniel Otunga, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Harvard is the most famous of the eight "Ivy League" schools. Do you know the other seven?
Yale, Princeton...and four others. I'm a reverse Ivy League snob.
8) With a Grammy and an Oscar, Jennifer Hudson is one of the most successful American Idol contestants. Can you name another singer who appeared on AI?
Kelly Clarkson? Clay Aiken? Carrie Underwood? I haven't ever watched an episode of the damned show, but I know all about it. Sadly.
9) Last year, Jennifer nearly bought a brand-new Ferrari because it was so great looking. At the last moment she backed out of the deal because she doesn't drive enough to warrant such an expensive car. What's the last impulse purchase you either made, or resisted?
Just last night--less than 24 hours ago--I was ready to drop a bomb on new kitchen countertops. Fast forward ten hours and now we're looking at that money going toward higher insurance premiums and new ceilings in the living and dining room, replacement flooring in both rooms, and new carpet in the basement, along with lots of trash bags and plumbing bills. Yeah.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, MY LOVES!

4 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Your answer to #8 made me smile because somehow I'm that way with the Kardashians. Really, I don't care about them. And yet I know all their names. It's like it's floating around us and we inhale it or something.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

It's not called it pop culture for nothing. If you are in the public you know a whole lot more than you ever wanted to know. Sadly....

Smellyann said...

Bills suck. Money sucks, ugh, sorry...

Why do you know so much about AI if you don't watch it?

Totally agree with you on the National Anthem.

Cat. said...

I read Entertainment Weekly cover to cover every week. There are very few articles I don't read, and early on EW was a hee-yuuuuge AI pusher. The first two seasons especially they had lengthy articles on every week's events. yawwwnnnn....but I read 'em..... lol

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.