Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday Stealing times two

(Link in meme-roll)
The Have You Ever Meme

1) Have you ever gotten lost in a maze?
Yes, at Hampton Court with my mom. It was a blast!
2) Have you ever been attacked by a wild animal?
Uh, no. I'm not sure I've ever even been legitimately attacked by ANY animal. ...unless mosquitoes count?
3) Have you ever ridden a camel?
No. Camels are crabby and scary-ass creatures.
4) Have you ever pet[ted] a rat?
I think so? Maybe.
5) Have you ever been a member of a gym?
Yes, but not for awhile. That needs to change.
6) Have you ever been in a helicopter?
No, more's the pity. That would be great fun, unless it was an emergency ride of course.
7) Have you ever cheated at a test?
I don't think so. Most of the time--brag alert--people cheated off of me, if anything.
8) Have you ever ridden a tractor?
Uhhh, wow...no, I haven't. That's ridiculous considering where I live.
9) Have you ever passed wind/gas in an embarrassing situation?
Probably. Even more than once, more than likely. Oh well. We all survived.
10) Have you ever played the bongos?
Maybe as a child?
11) Have you ever handled a snake?
Nope. But I wouldn't mind holding a pet, like a corn snake.
12) Have you ever assembled furniture by yourself?
Yes.
13) Have you ever been scuba diving?
I can't swim, so I suspect this would be foolhardy in the extreme. But I would like to, all the same.
14) Have you ever had a disastrous interview?
There have been a couple where I knew immediately I was WAY out of my depth. Neither was a disaster, but they weren't fun, either.
15) Have you ever sold your services?
Uhm? Which services? I work for a living, so yeah, at some level I have.
16) Have you ever raised money for charity?
Yes.
17) Have you ever won a giant sized cuddly toy from a fair?
I haven't, but Beast has won a few over the years.
18) Have you ever milked a cow?
No. Used to want to, then I watched a milking time at a dairy farm, and I haven't felt the same about milk since.
19) Have you ever used the phrase "back in my time" to someone younger than you?
Not in any serious way and not as a bludgeon--"you're doing it wrong!" But of course, in comparing life today and life when I was younger, it's hard not to say this.
20) Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink?
I used to mix varieties of pop and drink mixes when I was a kid. But mostly I don't follow recipes anymore anyway, except very loosely. This year's Thanksgiving turkey was quite amazing thanks to lemons and herbs.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The Are You Meme

1) Are you psychic in any way?
I knew you were going to say that! To be serious: not really. I'm not sure I even believe in psychic powers--usually not. I am, however, pretty good at "reading a room" and watching for subtle personal tells.
2) Are you a good dancer?
In my own mind, yes. In reality, in front of others, not so much.
3) Are you a good singer?
I'm ok. I can carry a tune and I have a decent range.
4) Are you a good cook?
Given the inclination--which I rarely have--yes.
5) Are you a good artist?
Nope.
6) Are you a good listener?
At times.
7) Are you a good public speaker?
Yes.
8) Are you a good babysitter?
Depends on the age. I'm not great with 3- to 4-year-olds, but older or younger is good.
9) Are you a good mechanic?
I could be, if I cared about it. Which I don't.
10) Are you a good diplomat?
Not really. ... OK, no no no, I'm not.
11) Are you a good employee?
I'm a DAMNED good employee!
12) Are you a good dresser?
I manage to clothe myself each and every day. Except for the days I wear my pajamas all day.
13) Are you a good swimmer?
No. For the 7 billionth time on this blog, I can't swim.
14) Are you a good skier?
I always used to say that Native Coloradoans don't ski, we just take money from out-of-staters who insist on riding 4-inch wide pieces of wood down a mountain. Also, we couldn't afford lift passes, so we never even hit a ski area in my childhood.
15) Are you a good gift giver?
Once in awhile I hit a home run.
16) Are you a good musician?
Hmm, not as much as I used to be, I guess.
17) Are you a good comedian?
I'm probably not as funny as I think I am.
18) Are you a good cleaner?
I can clean well, but in the overall scheme, I don't do it very often. Not often enough anyway.
19) Are you a good actor?
I should win the Academy Award every year. Yes.
20) Are you a good writer?
Yes.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I had a similar answer to the Are you a good cleaner question... I'm too busy knitting and reading.

jennifer anderson said...

getting dark, while I'm reading all of these, they are interesting answers tho

zippiknits...sometimes said...

So, get out there and drive a tractor, will ya? Or maybe just ride on one. Driving them is harder, as they have that close set of wheels in the front and are a little bit tippy.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.