Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Alphabetty 2

A) What does the last text you sent say? And to whom?
"Did you see my fb post abt u?" To my son. Yes, I know, I know. I found his Legos and posted a photo of one 'creation' that was in the box from at least 8 years ago:
I love that he seems to be looking at this from behind the laptop screen....
B) What does the last text you received say? And from whom?
That would be the reply from Sparky, the spectacularly unthrilled "Yeah."
Actually, no, the latest one was from Beast: "I'm in the sanctuary fyi" from this morning.
C) What time do you wake up most mornings?
Usually I'm done with deep sleep by 7 if I make it that long. Yesterday I woke up at 9, got up about 10 (after an hour of Nook gaming) and rousted Beast at 11:30.
D) Are you afraid of walking alone at night?
Not in my neighborhood, though the number of teen drivers is a bit worrisome. lol If I were walking through some neighborhoods in big cities, well then yes I would be afraid.
E) What do you do to relax at the end of a stressful day?
This. Often with the TV on.
F) Where did your last kiss take place and with whom?
Beast, at church, when we connected up between services.
G) Do/did you get into trouble a lot at school?
Nope. Almost never.
H) Do you enjoy your job? If unemployed, are you content being so?
I do enjoy it. It is never dull, which might surprise people who don't hang out in libraries often enough.
I) Do you often pick up on double entendres and innuendos?
Oh yeah! I also dish them out regularly. For instance, just now one of the football commentators told us that the Detroit Lions like to "rotate their packages regularly." And....snigger.
J) Have you ever been offered drugs but declined?
Hmm. I've been offered booze and declined. I don't remember about drugs.
K) Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking?
Yes, lots of people. I thank God that I'm still able to allow this to happen. Probably the one person who has altered my thought process the most, however, is Sparky. The split second between pregnancy and being responsible for another person is life-changing in every way. Or, well, I think it really ought to be.
L) Have you ever been offered drugs and accepted?
Again, yes with alcohol. Not drugs. Well, not illegal drugs. Doctors give me drugs semi-regularly, which I take like a good girl. (usually)
M) Tell us something weird that turns you on.
The smell of smoke, like campfire, in clothes and hair. It's doubly odd since I'm not a camper and campfires themselves aren't much of a turn-on.
N) When did someone last admit romantic or sexual feelings for you? Was the feeling mutual?
Well, Beast and I are married and we say "I love you" to each other fairly often....
O) What is something you have given a lot of thought to lately?
Detachment. Shutting my mouth. Trying to stop taking responsibility for every-damn-thing in the world.
P) When did you last swallow your beliefs to avoid an argument or confrontation?
I didn't swallow them, but I'm slowly learning that every disagreement doesn't need to be discussed. If it's important to me, I state my case but I don't always debate it afterwards. See previous answer.
Q) Do you usually initiate hugs?
I often initiate them, yes. But just as often someone else is hugging me.
R) Are you a very affectionate person?
Uhm, yes. I think that's fair to say.
S) Can you roll your own cigarettes?
No, but since I don't smoke, this hasn't been much of a problem in my life.
T) What are you looking forward to?
The current raging, stabbing, pounding headache going away. Longer term, we're planning a trip I've been wanting to do for some 30 years, and I'm hoping Beast & I can make time to discuss dates, timing, and activities on the game plan today.
U) Do you have any tattoos. Do you want any/more?
Nope and nope. I'm getting that older-person crapey skin--which I don't mind, but I can't see it as very tattooable.
V) Are you mentally strong?
Yup. Solid.
W) Are you physically strong?
Nope. Think of me as human Flubber.
X) Do you think you’re a good person?
I do my best at being the best I can be. (circular much?) Let's put it this way: I try, sometimes successfully, not to add more pain to the world.
Y) Name one thing you wish you could change about your life right now.
I'd really like to get this recovery thing over with. And I'd like to weigh what I did in 1985. Only one of those two is ever very likely to occur.
Z) What do you usually eat for breakfast?
It's usually a bagel with a variety of different things depending on the day.

3 sweet-talkers :

CountryDew said...

If you are taking responsibility for every-damned-thing in the world, then I can stop doing that! Thank you!

Kwizgiver said...

Human Flubber. I will borrow that.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love libraries. There is one that is seriously beautiful in town, now that "other venues" have all gotten more than their share of public moolah.

O is a great answer. It's a good thing to turn off to this place. The only way to have enough money to affect anything is to buy oil stocks. Bleh

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.