Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Wisdom
  1. Some people say you should never mix business with friendship. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?
    I'm very good friends with several people with whom I work. Sure, there are some occasional problems that crop up, but by and large, I spend more time with them than I do with anyone else in my life, so it's pretty natural. But, we aren't the kind of friends who hang out and party together after work very often. Or maybe that's just me.
  2. Some people say you should never let ‘em see you sweat. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?
    I think this is true in some instances, like doing an important presentations. Sometimes, though, it's perfectly ok to let people know you're struggling.
  3. It is often said that you should never put off ’til tomorrow what you can do today. What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?
    I'm a Class A Procrastinator, which is really bad. Sometimes it catches up to me, but mostly I cover pretty well. If I had to go back to school and follow that kind of schedule, I'd be dead, though. There's no way I could finish the classwork.
  4. It is often said that you should never get romantically involved with someone at work (there’s a cruder way of putting it, but I’m declining to use that selection of words). What experience have you had that would either refute or confirm this wisdom?
    I don't have personal experience myself, but I've seen it turn out ok, and I've seen it turn out very badly. More the latter than the former. And if the situation involves cheating on a spouse, it's NEVER good.
  5. What piece of wisdom from your own life should be a catchy proverb for others to live by?
    Avoidance just makes the hard parts of life longer and harder.

2 sweet-talkers :

Shannon M. aka "Auntie" said...

"Avoidance just makes the hard parts of life longer and harder." You are so right about that. Stopping over from the Friday 5.

Kwizgiver said...

That's really good advice. Really good.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.