Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Hey Nineteen!

1) Where would you retire to?
Colorado. Or maybe New Mexico. Anyway, someplace with mountains and low humidity.
2) What are your best physical features?
My hair, and my feet.
3) What are your best characteristics?
My strength, loyalty, and brain.
4) What kind of books do you like to read?
I like plot-driven novels and historical non-fiction.
5) What are you reading now?
All the Time in the World: New and Selected Stories, by E.L. Doctorow (ebook) ; The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand, by Jennifer Swann Downey ; The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck (audiobook) ; The Parthenon Enigma, by Joan Breton Connelly ; National Geographic Who's Who in the Bible: Unforgettable People and Timeless Stories from Genesis to Revelation, by Jean-Pierre Isbouts
WHAT? You asked!!
6) Where would you want to retire to?
Uhhhhh..... ???
7)What is your favorite time of the day?
I really love mornings.
8) Where did you grow up?
Colorado.
9) How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
From the hospital to my house is 1604.52 kilometers.
10) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I feel better when I do the morning thing, but I'm getting better at the night owl thing. I am up in the middle of the night for awhile almost every night, anyway.
11) What inspires you?
Blue skies, babies, smart people, problem-solving.
12) Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
Well...yes....? Can't everyone? I seriously didn't realize this was a thing.
13) Do you have pets?
We have to guinea pigs: Ruka and Pintobean (we usually just say Pinto).
14) How many rings before you answer the phone?
I'd say that over 50% of the time I don't answer the phone at all. Most calls are junk or doctor's offices. In any case, I always check caller ID.
15) What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life?
Babysitter, daughter, sister, library page, scheduler, disc jockey, wife, general dogsbody (conference staff), mom, Sunday School teacher, teen mentor, newspaper carrier, librarian, clerk of session, committee chair, waitress, receptionist, construction assistant....
16) Any new and exciting things that you would like to share?
Every day brings something new, but I can't think of anything exciting and wonderful. Recovery, I guess. I hope.
17) What is most important in life?
Sticktuitiveness.
18) Did you dream last night?
I'm sure I did, but I don't remember anything in particular.
19) Do you remember your dreams?
I do remember them quite often. But obviously not every day.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Eclectic reads, as always!

Anonymous said...

aww guinea pigs are awesome. I have some cousin pigs lol

Cat. said...

KW--I'm throwing the Parthenon book back--3 weeks from the library, I'm on page 38. Fail. It's a good book, but too complicated for me right now. ;-)

Cat. said...

Nick, I sometimes think all guinea pigs came from one pair imported to the U.S. 20 years ago. They are freakin' adorable, albeit somewhat neurotic.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.