Saturday, June 28, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. Y is for YARDWORK: what’s your favorite kind of yardwork?
I don't like yardwork. If it were my choice, I'd pay someone else to do it all. As it is, Beast does most of it, and we occasionally hire out some.
2. Y is for YEARBOOK: how many of the yearbooks you had in school do you still own?
All of them. It dawned on me the other day that I don't think Sparky has gotten a single yearbook from college. I will really have to insist he get one this year.
3. Y is for YEAST: what is your favorite kind of bread?
Yes. I like bread. Period.
4. Y is for YIELD: do you think the average motorist is bright enough to understand what a yield sign means, or should yield signs be replaced with stop signs?
I think the average driver, having seen "YIELD" signs his or her entire life, is perfectly able to understand it means "let others go first" which is emphatically NOT THE SAME as "stop." So, no, let's not spend a shit-ton of money replacing signs unnecessarily.
5. Y is for YOUNG: what age do you think is the "last" age someone should be considered "young"?
It's rather dependent on context, isn't it? I'm a youngster at a nursing home, I'm older than God in 1st Grade Sunday School class. In all fairness, I think I'm beginning to feel like I'm being patted on the head and sent off to bed with warm milk occasionally at work. Sigh. So maybe 50 is the magic number.
6. Y is for YUCK: which single food item do you dislike the taste of the most?
Liver. OMG the smell, the texture, the taste. It's the whole package!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.