Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Easter Meme

What are your Easter traditions?
Don't really have a bunch besides church. We used to go to sunrise service, but there was only ever about 8 of us there, so they discontinued that a few years ago, which makes me sad. Sparky gets a basket o' candy. We try to take a photo that day--that's a carryover from my childhood of having the kids pose for pictures in front of a tree in the backyard in their Easter clothes. I'm making a ham right now, but that's about the only nod to "holiday" post-church.
Do you hard boil and decorate eggs?
I used to when Sparky was little. Haven't really done it for a few years now. No one is crazy about eating hard-boiled eggs here.
How do you decorate your home for Easter?
I do not. In fact, aside from Easter baskets, I believe I have precisely ZERO Easter decorations. Unless you count the crosses on walls that stay up year-round.
Do you make/buy special outfits for yourself and your kids on Easter?
I bought new clothes this year, but actually they're are more for next Sunday's confirmation we were invited to. Sparky used to get a new outfit, but that has passed as well since he never wears nice clothes and keeps growing out of them after one wearing.
What is your favorite Easter dish?
Cadbury cream eggs.
When did you learn the truth about the Easter Bunny?
Around the time I had to start playing Easter Bunny for my oldest nieces, so about age 8.
Do you spend Easter at home, on vacation, or with family?
Home.
First one up on Easter morning?
Today it was Beast. Used to ALWAYS be Sparky, even after the Easter Bunny wasn't a big deal for him; he never used to sleep in. Ever.
Go to mass or church?
Yes. Of course. Kind of the point of Easter.
What are your favorite Easter hymns and/or choir arrangements?
"Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and "My Redeemer Lives." We also do a singalong "Hallelujah Chorus" to close the service most years.
How many Easter egg hunts does your family usually participate in?
Zero. Children running willy-nilly, grabbing at stuff, knocking each other over, and crying because they didn't get "enough" eggs? Yeah, pass.
Do you make deviled eggs out of leftover Easter eggs?
Nope. See above re hard-boiled eggs.
Are you tired of eggs by the end of the Easter Season?
No, since I don't make them. ;-)
Are Peeps good or gross?
Gross.
What company makes the best chocolate for Easter time?
Cadbury.
Lots of candy or not?
Yes, please.
What is your favorite Easter candy?
Jelly beans, the old-fashioned kind like Brach's makes. None of these Jelly Belly flavors, or Skittles or Starburst either. And no "tropical" or spice ones--gah!
Do you find plastic Easter grass hidden in places for months after Easter is over?
Nope. I always counted before I hid things so I'd know when they were all found.
What’s your favorite color for fake grass?
Well, green. Isn't that the color of actual grass? This was the first year I knew about edible Easter grass. Didn't quite dare to try it, but it looked interesting.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Edible Easter grass?? I'm not sure if I'm grossed out or fascinated!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.