Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Generic Meme

1. What did you want to be when you were little?
Bigger, or rather, older.
2. Would you prefer to have a large group of friends, or a small group of friends? Why?
I would prefer to have precisely the friends I currently have in more or less the same arrangement. I'm not averse to new friends of course, but I don't suppose I have a great deal of control over this.
3. What is your fashion "style"? Or what type of clothes do you wear on a daily basis?
I like jeans. Various sorts of T-shirts. I'm really more interested in shoes than anything else to do with fashion.
4. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
OK, here's the scoop: the official outside temperature right now is -2, but it feels like -24. The low temperature is supposed to hit -18 (so do the windchill math there in your head). Tomorrow's high is supposed to top out at -13 with windchills in the -50 range. So, long story short--I need to move somewhere else in January and February at least.
5. What is your biggest hope for the next year?
I would like to see a lot of recalibration.
6. When you pass by reflective surfaces do you check yourself out?
Yup. Mostly my hair.
7. Favorite genre of movie as well as TV show?
Crime. Nothing overly violent, but I watch what I read most.
8. Top favorite books? (limit of 5)
The top five listed in my GoodReads list are:
  1. The Hiding Place (ten Boom)
  2. The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-9) (Wilder)
  3. The Book Of Ruth (Hamilton)
  4. The Yellow Wallpaper (Gilman)
  5. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)
9. Have you ever taken a cooking class?
No, but I've actually thought recently that it might be a good thing to consider.
10. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Focused, loyal, opinionated.
11. Favorite animal?
Wolf.
12. What is your dream job?
The one I currently have.
13. If you could go back in history to any moment that you did not live, what would it be and why?
I'd love to meet Laura Ingalls about the time she and Almanzo were stepping out.
14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility. I like to be unnoticed, and eavesdropping is kinda fun.
15. What is your favorite movie?
Shoah.
16. What is your best childhood memory?
Jumping rope, playing jacks, playing tennis against the side of the house, playing cars in the stepping stones in the yard...
17. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I've found that, quite often, once I've vented about something, or at least mentioned it, it stops being such a major focus of my brain.
18. What is your favorite quote?
Tonight it is this one:

"Pluto is cold; Chicago in January is merely inconvenient." ―Mark Blumberg

19. What song do you feel like describes your life the best? Why?
"Brave and Crazy" (Melissa Etheridge) simply because life requires both of these. Especially lately.
20. Would you describe yourself as shy or outgoing?
Depending on the day and time, I can be either. And sometimes both.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, that quote is too funny!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I so agree with your answer for #17. It works! Loved your quote. Relativity counts in everything, eh?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.