Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I Will Always Love You

1) The Bodyguard is the best-selling movie soundtrack ever and this is the song most often associated with Whitney Houston. Is it on your iPod/mp3 player?
Nope, I am not a fan of her version of this song.
2) In the movie, Rachel (Whitney) sings "I Will Always Love You" after she realizes she can never see Frank (Kevin Costner) again. What song reminds you of a past love?
Well, NOT that one! Oddly, Pink Floyd reminds me of a guy I dated in college. He was a big fan.
3) Despite the movie's and the song's overwhelming popularity, Whitney Houston was awarded a Razzie Award as the worst actress of 1992. What's the most recent criticism you received?
I was told at my review that I need to be as pleasant to the staff as I am with the patrons. WTF?
4) On the bright side, share the last compliment you received.
There was something about me being a good person....
5) In the 1980s, when Whitney first burst onto the scene, a trendy woman wore big hair, big bows and big shoulder pads. Can you think of anything you wore that was fashionable at the time, but looking back, makes you cringe? (An embarrassing photo to accompany your answer would be nice!)
I don't have old photos available, but I was around for the big hair, big shoulder pads era (I skipped the bows, since I had short hair).
6) When this song was popular, cell phones were uncommon and Facebook was unheard of. Which has had a bigger impact on your life -- smart phones or social networking?
Social networking. No contest. I've been doing that for over 20 years.
7) Whitney's marriage to Bobby Brown left many people shaking their heads. Whitney and Bobby's daughter recently married the young man who was raised as her brotherHave you ever been in a relationship your friends/family didn't approve of?
Hmm, I don't know. Maybe?
8) Whitney Houston's grave marker reads, "I Will Always Love You," so obviously her family is very proud of the success of this recording. How would you like to be remembered?
Ugh, shoot me. I don't want to be buried, don't care what's on my stone, would prefer to donate my body or have a natural burial...Sparky's really up on this one; he can do what he wants.
9) Whitney was born in Newark, the largest city in New Jersey. It's a major air, rail and shipping hub, and it's in the Eastern Time zone. Have you ever been to Newark ... or any town in New Jersey?
Nope, never been to Newark, not even the airport. I don't think I've even been to New Jersey, except passing through by accident on the way somewhere else.

4 sweet-talkers :

NerdBliss said...

I'm with you on "Earthly remains." It seems such a waste of space to bury bodies. Not like I'm going to be needing it again.


http://nerdbliss.com/wordpress/2014/01/25/saturday-9-i-will-always-love-you/

CountryDew said...

I told my husband I wanted to be cremated and he said he could never burn me up because he loves me too much. Kinda sweet, in an icky sort of way.

The Gal Herself said...

I have looked into the whole burial thing while taking care of my mother's funeral and thing of it is with cremation, you still have to decide where to keep the ashes. And with natural burial, it's not that easy to find a "green cemetery." My, but this is a cheery comment, isn't it? Sorry.

Cat. said...

There's a natural burial site about an hour from my house, which I found out about when they did a program at the library. Yes, cheery, but I would have been at the program getting (more) details had I not been working that evening.

The whole "death business" is a scam. The only reason I'd prefer to make decisions now is because of the whole upsell thing the funeral homes and mortuaries do when people are at their weakest. My parents had it all sorted out for us, but the mortuary still worked on us to add stuff to the grave marker (engraved images) when Dad died. Donation to science is really the cheapest, easiest way to go, I think.

Having lost 5 family members in the past 7 years (and 2 others awhile ago), all of whom had something different going on for their remains, I feel like the creepiest expert ever. One thing I know for absolute certain is that I do not want to be on display at whatever memorial/funeral service. I will come back and haunt people if they do that to me!! {{shudder}}

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.