Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ashley Early

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday Social

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
This one is called Sweet Memes. My first blog ever, started in January 2004 (happy anniversary this month, yo!), was called Sweet Dreams, so it was an obvious play on words. I don't use that first blog anymore, so it's less obvious. I have access to about 13 blogs at this point, most of which are pretty much DOA these days. The majority of my blogging these days is done here and at Sapphire and Faded Jeans and my book blog.
2. Why do you blog?
It's a way of structured writing that appeals to me. And I like answering questions, hence the memes.
3. What is the first blog you ever followed?
Has to be Amy's.
4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2013?
Since this is officially post #6700, that means an average of about 650 posts a year on this blog alone. I'm not going back and rereading all of what I blathered about in 2013! Part of that is because I've no interest in reliving large chunks of last year. My favorite event, though, was being present for the birth of my niece Katherine's son in July. This post kind of sums up that event and the shitty parts of the year all at once.
5. What are your blogging goals for 2014?
I never, ever set goals in fun areas of my life. They suck any joy I find in those activities right out.
6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow?
  1. Still Amy, of course. She introduced me to blogging and we have ridden the ups and downs of the last 10 years on parallel tracks.
  2. Kwizgiver. She could be my doppelgänger in many ways, and we'd never have 'met' had we both not gotten addicted to meme questions.
  3. Patrick. Regardless of his topic, he writes a mean post. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't, sometimes I don't care either way, but the man can write.
It's interesting that two of the three are people I wouldn't have ever known if blogging hadn't become my obsession. I honestly didn't pick them based on that, but these are three of my real touchstones where I read, really read virtually everything posted.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.