1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?
Peace, health, consistency, trust.2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I freakin' well better be on the Nice list!3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?
Nope, no traveling at Christmas. I stopped doing that years ago.4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Not exactly, though I have finally figured out how to download library books to my Nook, so it FEELS like a new thing!5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year?
I don't do these. Beast is more wrapped up in this sort of thing than me. I do like listening to the soundtrack, or background music, for the Peanuts Christmas special, but otherwise...meh.6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?
One of each, not together. I'm not really into hard candy anymore (the irritations of aging) and gingerbread doesn't float me far either.7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.
"O Holy Night" for whatever reason. When done well, this is what I consider to be the song that sums up the holiday best and most soaringly. My favorite carol is "Silent Night" although Patti Smith's version of "We Three Kings" is outstanding.8. What's your favorite winter beverage?
Just had my first couple glasses of eggnog last night! Mmmmm.9. What will you remember most about 2013?
I would really like to NOT remember the last 4 months, but I guess on the good side there are quite a few things:Have a wonderful holiday week, all!
- traveling to Tennessee to see my oldest niece and her family and my oldest sister & brother-in-law
- a new baby for another niece nearby that I get to see more often (and I got to see a baby BORN, which was awesome and terrifying)
- news of another baby on the way in Texas courtesy of my youngest nephew and his wife
- the recognition of the vast and varied network of friends
- getting a firmer handle on who I am and what I am meant to be doing in life
- a new boss who (overall) is a huge improvement
- good books read
- good music discovered
- good works done joyfully
- Bible study
- Sunday School (who'da thought I'd end up in the middle school class? Certainly not me! Ellen is laughing her ass off at this....)
- Sparky growing into himself at college (and passing his classes!)
- Taco Bell nachos
- S'mores Blizzards
- turning 50
- change, change, change, change everywhere....