Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Jingle Bell Rock

1) Sam has affection for this song because, when she was very young, she tap-danced to it for a Christmas recital. Her parents told her she was wonderful. Do you have any memories from a school/church program or pageant -- either as a child onstage or an adult in the audience?
I played a rat in our 4th-grade production of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" and that was enough of the stage for me. After that I stuck to musical performance.
2) Ok, she admits it: After too many cups of holiday cheer, Sam did a few steps of her "Jingle Bell Rock" routine at last year's company Christmas party. Have you ever done anything at a coworker get together that you now regret?
Just talk too much, laugh too loud. Nothing worse than that.
3) Since that unfortunate Christmas 2012 incident, Sam can't even look at a cup of egg nog. How about you? Do you like egg nog?
I adore eggnog, but I haven't bought any this year. I'll be drinking it alcohol-free, which actually tastes better to me anyway.
4) For special events, Sam slips on her favorite piece of jewelry: a charm bracelet that once belonged to her grandmother. Do you have a special treasure from a previous generation?
Yes, I have a few pieces of my mom's. My dad's side...I suspect his sisters got the jewelry and he got the papers, so I have tons of photos.
5) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far in 2013 is from her insurance agent. How about you? Have any holiday cards arrived yet?
We've received about 7. We aren't sending any.
6) Because of the chill in the air, Sam gave her dog his Christmas gift -- a sweater -- early this year. He's already gotten compliments on it. Are there any pets on your gift list?
I will probably buy them a bag of carrots.
7) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
It helps, but I'm not having a lot of luck in the getting into the spirit thing this year.
8) Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
I have already, yes.
9) December is an important fundraising month for charities. Here's your chance to plug a worthy cause that means a lot to you.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance is currently providing direct relief in the Philippines, all the tornado sites in the states, and other places like that. We worked with them on Hurricane Katrina relief years ago.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I haven't watched all my cheesy holiday movies this year (like White Christmas or the original Miracle on 34th). Those always put me in the holiday mood.

The Gal Herself said...

Photos are valuable treasures, too. Glad you got 'em.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.