Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
My Random Randomness Meme, part 2

What was your first alcoholic drink?
Oh, the timing of this....
I think my first taste of alcohol was at communion at my oldest sister's church. My first actual DRINK was a rum & coke at W's house in high school. Awesome!
What was your first job?
I worked as a page (shelver) at my local public library.
What was your first car?
The main cars I drove in high school were my mom's 1971 Toyota Corolla, or my dad's Chevy Malibu station wagon. The first car I "owned" was our Toyota pickup, purchased in 1988, post-marriage.
What was your first mobile phone?
It was ... wow, uh, I don't know. One of those small bricks c. 2001 that pretty much only made calls. It may have had that stupid snake game on it, too.
What is your first proper memory?
"Proper"? I was quite a proper little girl, for the most part. Too scared of life to be much of anything else.
Who was your first teacher?
My sister Jean taught me to read. My brother taught me to count in Spanish. I had Sunday School teachers from nursery on, but I don't remember any names. My kindergarten teachers were Mrs. Morton with Miss Nier (sp?).
Which fictional character do you wish was real?
I'd love to meet Ruth at the end of The Book of Ruth.
Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
I think that was our flight from Denver to Milwaukee in about 1971?
Who was your first best friend?
Laura D.
What was your first detention for?
I never did a detention. See previous answer re being a proper little girl.
What's your strongest sense?
The one I rely on the most is vision. The strongest one is probably smell, however.
Who was your first kiss?
The first boy I kissed was Ron M.
What was the first film you remember seeing at the cinema?
My sister and Mom had to remove me from "Oliver!" about 10 minutes in because Mr. Bumble freaked me out to the point of me screaming.
What's the largest amount of money you've ever won?
Does having a regular paycheck count as winning? I don't think I've ever 'won' money. Even in Vegas, I mostly just lose.
What's the largest amount of money you've spent in one spree?
Shopping for baby stuff was pretty hard on the credit card, as I recall. So was stocking our newly-purchased house, the first one we bought.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
"Flammable."
Have you ever got sweet revenge on anyone?
Oh, yes! I've found, however, that revenge of their own making is the sweetest.
Have you ever been to a live concert?
Yes. Many. Nothing for a year now, but that's ok. I'm kind of tired of rock concerts; my ears hurt and ring too much to enjoy them anymore.
Have you ever been to see stand up comedy?
Yes. Wow, not for a really long time, though!
Have you ever needed stitches?
I have a nice zipper on my stomach.

3 sweet-talkers :

CountryDew said...

I love people's response to the "proper" memory question. Yours is great.

I am Harriet said...

My local library while growing up was awful to the page people. The librarians would use these dumb clickers that made the page people look like dogs or something.

Kwizgiver said...

Me and my mouth got in trouble in school.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.