Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Suit and Tie

1) When was the last time that you got dressed up, or to borrow from Mr. Timberlake, "fixed up to the nines?"
I think it was probably the last wedding I went to, which was (I think) Jessie & Jay's about 18 months ago. I don't do "dressed up" too often. The last time I wore a dress was probably Rosellen's wedding three years ago.
2) Justin Timberlake is known for his threads. Do you try to keep up with fashion trends?
Nope. I buy what's comfortable and looks nice. Though I do like fun shoes, as long as they don't break the bank.
3) While on tour, Justin has a cigar roller on call so that he and the band can enjoy a "gentleman's club" atmosphere back stage. Do you enjoy the smell of a good cigar?
Stipultaing the "good cigar" part, I don't mind them burning/being smoked too much, but kissing a cigar-smoker is icky, even if it's been several days since the last one.
4) Justin appeared on Star Search when still in grade school, and he's been working ever since. When Crazy Sam was that age, her only "job" was to load the dishwasher and for this she earned her $1/day allowance. Did you work when you were a kid?
I helped a little around the house and ran errands for Dad when he was fixing stuff, and I was 100% responsible for cleaning my room every Saturday morning of my life. No pay.
5) JT has appeared several times on Saturday Night Live, a show that premiered before he was born. Who is your most favorite ever SNL castmember of all time?
Of all time? That's pretty hard to choose. I really liked Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Bill Murray was good. Gilda Radner was exceptional. And loads of others.
6) Justin is a very good golfer (6 handicap). Will you play this summer?
I don't golf. I haven't even mini-golfed in several years. I watch tournaments when Beast is interested, so I know the big names well enough to dislike some of them, but it's still really boring as far as I'm concerned.
7) A round of golf requires hours outside in the elements. Have you ever endured a painful sunburn?
Yes, several times, but never because of golf.
8) When they were young, Justin dated Britney Spears. Obviously, it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder how one of your exes is doing?
Only in a vague way. It has been over 27 years since I dated them and I haven't seen them at all in hat time.
9) Ever since his days with N'Sync, Justin Timberlake has supported music education. Did your grade school offer music classes? If so, do you remember any of the songs you learned then?
We had music alternating with gym every day in elementary school. Somehow I missed the signup in 5th or 6th grade for band, but we sang every other day. I liked it, but it was totally uncool. Hence, I was totally uncool. Bill K. once turned around in the middle of a song and asked why in the HELL I was singing, so I stopped for the day. Sigh...peer pressure. He was a such a little shit....
ANYway, we sang through the music books, but the only songs I remember are the national songs ("America the Beautiful" etc.) and "Git Along Little Dogies" and "Home on the Range."

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, I forgot about the cowboy songs we sang in school.

The Gal Herself said...

We were big on cowboy songs, too. Which is weird because in Chicagoland, we don't have many "dogies." And if I hadn't mentioned Gilda, I would have gone with Bill Murray.

katie eggeman said...

Bill K must have really liked you. In elementary school, teasing reflects a crush sometimes.

Cat. said...

RE cowboy songs: I think it was probably "American folk music" really. There was "Wabash Cannonball" (which took me forever to really understand--not a cannon, a train), and some kind of John Henry/Casey Jones stuff. And "This Land is Your Land" and those damn playing antelope. ;-)


BC: He was pretty emphatically NOT teasing; there was always an undercurrent of "...or I'll beat you up on the way home from school" in everything he said, and not just to me.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.