Saturday, June 22, 2013

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. Based on celebrities you’ve seen who've had plastic surgery, more often than not, do you believe it's better to have cosmetic surgery or just age gracefully?
In my world, the only reason people should have plastic surgery are those with specific debilitating injuries or birth defects. That does NOT include too-small (or -big) boobs or nose. However, the fact that so many people are willing to have their bodies shredded "for Beauty" means that these doctors get more experience that can be used to help people who actually NEED the surgery. So I try to look at it as a selfless act by shallow people who don't know any better.

Oh, yeah, to answer your question: aging gracefully is better. I want to be able to point to each wrinkle, line and sag and say, "THIS is what life costs." I've known some beautiful older people in my life; each and every one of them has been wrinkly, and bent over and wispy-haired and a bit lumpy and I've love(d) them. I want to be like them.
2. Should there be an age limit for teenagers who want cosmetic surgery for appearance only (in other words, when no legitimate medical issue is involved)?
Yes. But of course, deciding what a "legitimate medical issue" is will be difficult for some people.
3. What part of physical aging do you fear most?
I don't fear aging. I fear the fact that my body's systems aren't working as well internally. I don't mind if my exterior looks its age, but the fact that my pancreas and liver are showing signs of not working efficiently is scary as hell.
4. Would you ever consider having Botox injections for cosmetic purposes?
HELL to the NO! "Please inject poison into my face, inches from my brain, so that I can look like a zombie." No. Just...no.
5. Would you ever consider a facelift, chin lift or brow lift?
Nope.
6. Would you ever consider liposuction, lapband or stomach stapling surgery to combat obesity?
It would certainly be easier than this whole Weight Watchers point-counting thing...but no. I know that in the long run, it wouldn't solve the problem I have about food.
____________________________
Disclaimer: I have a couple of family members and friends who have had some "work" done and I have no problem with those situations. One was repair after a car accident, one was to alleviate structural problems, and one was necessary to correct the result of birth trauma.

2 sweet-talkers :

otowi said...

I did Weight Watchers and followed it very carefully and it definitely worked. Then I reached my goal weight and gradually stopped tracking and counting points, and have put some of the weight back on. But I don't know that I want to live my life forever tracking everything I eat.

Diana_CT said...

I once saw a person who had Botox injections, I thought she had Bell's Palsy until a friend clued me in. Lucky I didn't say anything her.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.