Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Stealing (x2)

(Link in meme-roll)
The Meme From Suburbia

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Living in the old house, dealing with a 10-year-old on the cusp of major peer rejection, waiting for the new house to be built, wondering about what we'd do with the dog in the new (fence-free) neighborhood, and probably packing shit up to make the house more saleable.
2. By this time next year, I ...
...will have an adult child. Completely 100% legal in every way (except for some reason car-rental). That's so weird to think about. And, I dunno, I'm hoping that we'll have had some serious Good Health in the next year too. Cuz, yeah, the past 18 months has nothing but S U C K E D.
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
I've got a few more decades left, so I certainly hope so. I never thought we'd see a black president, so I'm more optimistic about things than I used to be.
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Lt. Flack on CSI:NY is eminently shaggable, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually taller than him which is odd. Still, if he's ok with that, so am I.
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
Myself. How many other people said this, I wonder.
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
I was in Vegas when this meme was supposed to be done (i.e., last weekend). That's definitely over 100 miles from here. I met Beast there for the weekend, and in spite of the not-very-Vegasy weather, we had a blast.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Dictionary.
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
I guess Cat. I know, surprise! That's not my actual name!
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
The next 48 hours or so. We've got to get Beast's CPAP machine sorted out so he can start sleeping properly.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
Do I worry about it? No. There are other blogs to read.
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
Well, if I really loved it, I'd try it on and buy the size that fit. If they didn't have the size that fits, I wouldn't buy it.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
I am a picky detail person, and my job is full of LOTS of picky details. I'm AR/OCD about almost everything except my weight and use of time.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
This has to be the "Little House" books. I've read them a million times, and actually had lots of "what would Laura/Pa/Ma do?" moments
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
I think I've watched a grand total of 3 episodes completely through in the decades this show has been around, so I'm not all that sure about who the fun one(s) are, but I'd go to the ends of the earth for Bea Arthur, so I'll go with her.
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
Vodka.
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
Wait, what?! lol I was probably about 8 when I stopped faking it. But I really kinda still DO believe in Santa, or at least "Santa-ness."
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
Cooking liver.
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
I might. I depends on the consistency of the contents of the carton.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
Spa day! Maybe some shopping online.
20. What is the most used item in your home?
Pretty much has to be the various sinks. I was going to say toilets, but I reconsidered when I added in the kitchen and laundry sinks.

The Basically Obscure Meme

1: Do you notice a persons eye color?
I don't pay a lot of attention to eye color. However, I do pay attention to punctuation. Ahem.
2: White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha?
What? I loathe mocha, so I'm not sure what the question is here.
3: If you could get a tattoo free, would you do it? what would it be?
I'd get Amy to get one for me.
4: Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?
I grew up in the suburbs of a medium-large city. I thought it was the way everyone grew up; it was a pretty awesome childhood, really.
5: Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite)
Does my 20-years-older-than-me sister count as an adult? What about the other, slightly younger, two sisters? OK, I guess my favorite adult might have been one of my teachers, or Mrs. B, my babysitter.
6: What kind of smoothie sounds really good right now?
Not a huge smoothie fan. So, none.
7: Most embarrassing moment from your elementary school years?
My elementary (and preschool) years were non-stop embarrassment. I never fit in properly because I was pulled from classes in my grade to go to classes a year ahead, and I was a terminally fearful child up until about age 10 or 11. So, ONE embarrassment? I cried a lot. I got my tongue frozen to a Creamsicle once, and in the process of trying to loosen it up it tore some skin so I was bleeding and screaming--until I stopped breathing--before they carried me into the bathroom and ran warm water over my mouth.
8: Most embarrassing moment from your middle school years?
Having to hold my hand in the air during math class one day because the teacher spotted it covered (completely, wrist to fingertip) in black magic marker. No, I have no idea what I was doing.
9: Most embarrassing moment from your high school years?
I guess that might be my total inability to have a coherent conversation with ANY males I found nice-looking.
10: Have you ever fired anyone?
Yes, I have. It's not fun.
11: Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground?
Nope. Never could figure out the first part, and my parents were too old to clue me in.
12: Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set?
I adored my swingset!! I still like to swing, but I get a little vertiginous nowadays. And then there's the fact that my ass doesn't really fit in the seat very well anymore.
13: If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
I would love one of those fainting goats, and also pretty much any furry critter that doesn't have any weird smell thing going on (like ferrets, for instance). I really like animals, however, there are reasons some of them are illegal to own.
14: What's your favorite place to relax?
In bed, duh.
15: What's your most favorite part of your personality?
I'm funny. Sometimes. When I'm not just plain weird.
16: Madonna or Lady Gaga? Neither? Both? Who cares?
I used to have a great deal of respect for Madonna's business acumen, while at the same time hating her persona. Gaga kinda feels the same way to me, though I don't know much about her to be honest. I like some of both performers' songs. Mostly, however, I'm more of an either/or, who cares person.
17: Have you ever watched the Superbowl all the way through?
I have watched NUMEROUS Super Bowls all the way through, certainly the last 20 or so. I'm singularly unimpressed with the ads this year so far, though.
18: Have you ever watched any major sporting event live?
I've been to a couple of televised football games, several MLB games, and one professional basketball game, but no championships.
19: What's the most delicious food you've ever eaten in your life?
My first ever blood orange, in Rome in January 1985. I hadn't had much fruit or sweets for the previous month and that orange tasted like sun and heaven to me.
20: Margarine or butter? Which did you grow up with?
Mostly margarine, though my sister's corn allergy meant that whenever she visited we had butter on the table too, which I liked as a change. Still do.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.