Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. So, do you like beer?
Actually, no. Yuck. I can choke down a sweet ale, if desperate, but generally...no, beer is not my thing.
2. What's your least favorite repetitive task?
I am not a fan of cleaning floors. Move furniture, sweep, vacuum, soap mop, rinse mop, wait (forever) for them to dry, move furniture back, sweep, vacuum, mop (twice) where the furniture was sitting...SHOOOT!!!! MMMEEEE!!!!
3. When was the last time you rode a bus? Where was it headed?
Seems like I must have ridden a bus since last year, but I know I rode the airport shuttle bus from Heathrow to Leicester in April 2011.
4. What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?
Well, the mere fact that Cheech & Chong and their "song" Earache My Eye were cultural heroes at my school growing up should've scared our parents. Mine, however, were clueless (which was nice, and I behaved of course).
5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
AMEN a million times!! Beast and I had a "debate" tonight on the phone. How stupid is that? Really, aren't we old enough to know better by now? ...sigh
6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?
I think the real question is can a person keep too much money. Up to th poverty level excluded, of course, everyone should be giving away part of their income (or time) to others.
7. Pop-soda-coke-something else ... what's it called where you live?
I grew up with 'pop.' In college, I was forced to switch to 'soda' to avoid being laughed at; we stayed in the area for 7 years after college, continuing to say 'soda.' Then we moved to a state that's more forgiving of my 'pop' habit, but I actually use both, depending on context. My brother calls/called it 'sodapop,' but he's generally a weirdo.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today's been a rough day. Lots of ill, injured, and hurting people have crossed my awareness. My contribution (alluded to above) to the grimness of the day was ridiculous and stupid. The whole concept of growing up is a myth, or at least a moving target; I just want to do better tomorrow. Low goals are safest.

1 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

Hubs and I had a debate about something just as we were going to bed. Ugh. Ruined my whole day. It was related to an issue with extended family and I think we all can agree families are complicated.

We should know better too...we've been married a long time : ) The good news is..it's a new day! Enjoy yours!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.