Monday, October 22, 2012

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)
Yeah...my own meme...doing five weeks at a time today:

1) Share what you enjoy most about today's technology.
I love the connectivity, being able to communicate with people instantaneously, and keep track of old friends, with very little effort. It's also nice to be able to instantaneously answer random trivia questions.
2) Describe what you'd do with an extra four hours today.
Some of those hours would be spent sleeping. Maybe I'll actually use the rest to clean the stacks of paper off my desk here at home, or other projects. Actually, at this point in the day, I'm pretty sure I'll just sleep, but tomorrow I'd still have 4 extra hours, right?
3) Bedspread or comforter?
Right now, for the first time in my married life, we have a bedspread. It's quite odd. Having it not the bedspread itself.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Ah, Denver!! I wish I could say I'd taken this photo, but I had to find it online. That building in the middle has always been called the Mailbox by everyone in my family and most of my friends in school. But the background...mountains!! Miss them.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Describe what you're looking forward to doing this autumn.
We went to our college Homecoming game, even though Sparky was too sick to come with us. We will also be attending Family Weekend festivities. And just enjoying the autumn weather. We should probably clean up the gardens too, I suppose. OH! Halloween. I do love Halloween!
2) Given the option of watching a sitcom or watching a crime drama on TV, which would you prefer?
I never . ever . watch sitcoms anymore. Or, to be specific, I don't watch anything made after about 1990. They seem to all be well past stupid, which I can tolerate in Gilligan's Island but not people wearing modern clothes.
3) What is your life motto, or words you live by?
"Remember, everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load."
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
This picture makes me smile. I hope these guys (they don't look like girls to me) are literally jumping for joy.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Curtains or blinds?
Curtains tend to be dustcatchers, so I generally prefer blinds. However, they ALSO catch dust, so I'm about to go do the British thing and get some net curtains for my front windows, and some (washable) drapes.
2) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I would totally be in charge of deciding NOT to implement RDA in this country. In a heartbeat.
3) Describe your personality in five words or less.
Flaky, serious, detail-oriented, middle-aged, addictive.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Seahorses are so awesome. I don't dwell on them, but they seem serene and (not that animals can BE this) progressive thinkers.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) If you could eat only one meal the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably pizza. Or pasta with assorted sauces. And fresh salad.
2) Name one thing you wish you could go back and change about your education.
I wish I would have taken more Spanish language courses and fewer lit classes.
3 Do you or did you ever smoke?
Nope.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Left behind friend. You wouldn't believe how many of these we find at work. And of course this also reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Who is your celebrity crush? Why?
Once I realized what a total dickbrain Tom Cruise is, I pretty much swore off crushing on famous people. On the other hand, I really do like Bono. But not in a crushy/lovey way exactly.
2) Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
Not in the immediate and personal sense. Our cabin was broken into when I was a kid, but not while we were around. I can't think of anything specific otherwise. I do wonder if I've blanked stuff out...?
3) Who is your greatest hero of all time?
Well, "all time" would pretty have to be Jesus, then.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Oh thank God I didn't have to put this puzzle together! What a nightmare. In general, I do like jigsaws. We usually take over the dining room table at New Year's and do one. I have no idea where that came from, but it's family tradition now. Weird how these sorts of things just sort of blossom. Last year we spent about a week trying to put a a picture of potato chips--this very one, in fact!--together, and got the frame done and that's about it. Nightmare! I have since donated that puzzle to the library at the local high school for kids to 'relax' with during finals week. Yes, I am mean.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.