Monday, January 9, 2012

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Describe your ideal romantic dinner.
Well, it's really all about the company, right? So, someplace Beast and I can talk and laugh and enjoy good food without worrying about day-to-day things. It's amazing though: some meals that 'look' romantic and fun end up being anything but, while others that seem fraught turn out to be delightful. It's a hard balance to achieve.
2) If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be?

No, this is not my house...sigh...I wish.
3) When was the last time you spotted an unwelcome visitor (i.e., bug, rodent, etc.) in your house?
Aside from the minuscule spider running across the kitchen counter the other day, I haven't seen any vermin of the "freak out and scrub down everything in the house" variety in a very long time. For which I am very thankful. Apparently, we're just untidy, not actually dirty.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
It reminds me of the dry stone walls in Yorkshire which have stood for centuries and run up and down the dales. Then it reminds me of Robert Frost's poem, Mending Wall:
...Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence....
But this looks more like Germany to me, or anyway someplace greener and more forested. And it's lovely. I wouldn't mind sitting against it and reading for a bit, or maybe just soaking up the sunshine and warmth from the rocks.

1 sweet-talkers :

Pearl said...

yep, nothing ruins a good dinner like too much intention for it to be good.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.